Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 141516 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    3/17/2007 12:44am

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do not train for competition - my aims are survival and I been doing it damn well for 8 years.

TFT teaches NOTHING cannot be learned better elsewhere. It is overhyped, overpriced and I would not trust one inch of my safety to it. I prefer battele tested and proven over a marketing campaign that is to sell units rather than protect.

Maiming someone means you cannot fight or have no skill, especially when other methods are available for use.

Road maps are useless if you can't drive in the first place

Posted On:
    3/17/2007 12:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...and this proves my point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOyE6aQ6qKE

These are the instructors!!! It is a fucking embarassment.

Posted On:
    3/17/2007 1:20am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mix

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have seen the "Survive the most critical 5 seconds of your life" package on 27 dvd's. Those were the most boring videos on self defense I have ever seen. The stuff they show you could have been cramped into 7 discs instead of 27. You see the instructors brag on forever and then the out of shape people partnering up and imitating the moves. Lots of filler. The sound is shitty as well. $600 for that?? Bullshido if you ask me!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2007 7:29am

Style: Violence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember why I stopped posting in this forum. Well hannibal to each his on. I know it doesn't matter what TFT offered or any other system that offered another way to use the tool of violence because you can't see it elping you anywhere that youe years of training can't, and thats fine but as I said already not everyone hs the time to do that and to many people who choose not to make practicing violence a part of our daily routine I believe the course they offered was excellent. well those people be abl to sqaure of with you in the ring? probably not but I garentee you if anyone tries to bring violence to me I know that they'll be in for a long day and I aim to make it very violent, if me making it out of a life or death situation by taking someone's eye out of thier skull says I can't fight, then Hey I'll take that over being dead
    Last edited by curby82; 3/17/2007 7:42am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2007 7:37am

Style: Violence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember why I stopped posting in this forum. Well hannibal to each his on. I know it doesn't matter what TFT offered or any other system that offered another way to use the tool of violence because you can't see it elping you anywhere that youe years of training can't, and thats fine but as I said already not everyone hs the time to do that like many people who choose not to make practicing violence a part of our daily routine for them I believe the course they offered was excellent. will those people be abl to sqaure of with you in the ring? probably not but I garentee you if anyone tries to bring violence to me I know that they'll be in for a long day and I aim to make it very violent, if me making it out of a life or death situation by taking someone's eye out of thier skull says I can't fight, then Hey I'll take that over being dead, but with that said I think you need to look over your reasons for ever engaging yourself in violence
    Last edited by curby82; 3/17/2007 7:40am at .

Posted On:
    3/17/2007 10:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You see this is what makes no sense at all - you are preaching it as a system for those that "do not have the time to practice violence daily" (translation "lazy") yet say "this system teaches you how to be "t3h d3adly" and maim your attacker in 300 exciting ways.

So what you are trying to sell is that this "martial arts lite" package is actually BETTER than years of training.

Crap.

You want to learn how to defend yourself against violence? Train. End of dicusssion.

There are no short cuts, no secrets, no mystery techniques that the military do not want you to know about ("which is why I am only selling it at this realy low price for 7 days ").

That video said it all to me - LARPers

Posted On:
    3/17/2007 10:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by curby82
    will those people be abl to sqaure of with you in the ring? probably not
    Which considering I am not a ring fighter is worrying

but I garentee you if anyone tries to bring violence to me I know that they'll be in for a long day and I aim to make it very violent, if me making it out of a life or death situation by taking someone's eye out of thier skull says I can't fight, then Hey I'll take that over being dead,
    Without ANY experience of violence you only believe this will happen. Every time I fight I am nervous and I have been involved in martial arts for over 17 years and my job for over 8 and every time I am nervous as hell.

Violence is scarier than you have ben taught

but with that said I think you need to look over your reasons for ever engaging yourself in violence
    Check my tag - my reasons are self-explanatory, and also give an insigt into why crap like TFT makes my blood boil

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    3/17/2007 10:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I garentee you if anyone tries to bring violence to me I know that they'll be in for a long day and I aim to make it very violent
    But what if they're trained as well? An guy from a style that is used to actually 'fighting' has practiced against resistant partners and has made his stuff work...I'd say that would give him an advantage. You can counter with the use of 'illegal' targets (eyes, groin, and throat, primarily), but guess what; the same targets are available to him.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2007 4:26pm

Style: Oushikoso-Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost
    But what if they're trained as well? An guy from a style that is used to actually 'fighting' has practiced against resistant partners and has made his stuff work...I'd say that would give him an advantage. You can counter with the use of 'illegal' targets (eyes, groin, and throat, primarily), but guess what; the same targets are available to him.
    Thanks for bringing that up, It allways pisses me off when people think that they are the only ones who now how to use cheap shots.

Posted On:
    3/17/2007 4:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An often heard phrase is "if you can't hit me with a 16oz glove on, what makes you think you can hit me with an eye jab?"