Posted On:
    3/14/2007 3:31pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrijl
    Ok. Quit now while your ahead

Just Quit
    I have just spat coffee everywhere thanks to that! Too funny!

bwdillon - TFT is not a crash course per se. It is supposed to show us where we are going wrong with our training. All it does is show me that people why buy any old crap if it is marketed correctly.

It stinks and you have done nothing to negate the whiff

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/14/2007 3:37pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is a crash course
    1: Get some cardio. Go for a long walk, jog a little
    2: Strengthen some abs
    3: Chin tucked, hands up, elbows close in
    4: Aim for the head

Now. Let's fight. I guarentee you I will PWN you. I don't even have to use any of my MA training. I will PWN you out of sheer rage. You can't just give someone some simple tools and that's it. Hard training (or even moderate in my case) help to give you controlled agression so that when fight or flight situaitons arise, you don't have to pass out like a dainty little lady. Pretending to get hit is not the same as getting hit. At the same time, pretending to break someone's arm is not the same as actually doing it. Even if you were lucky enough to get a dominant position, you probably wouldn't have the stomach to do what you need to do. Real violence <> Larping. Or if you prefer Real Violence != Larping. Larping(real violence) = false. HOW MANY WAYS CAN WE SAY IT!!!?!!?!??
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 5:37pm

Style: Oushikoso-Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was only trying to point out that tft isn't all bad. I personally could care less as I don't even train in their stuff and never will. I think I may have given you guys a wrong impression and I apologize for that.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 9:22pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No need to apologise for anything - but TFT IS all bad!

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 11:21am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bwdillon
    Their penetrate and rotate is affective in principle.
    Turning it into a mantra lends itself to fallibility.

I also like the fact that they came out and said there are only so many ways to break a joint.
    Perhaps, I'm being harsh, but it doesn't take a series to show you that. Every joint rotates on an axis. When you rotate that joint beyond it's point of rotation, guess what, that joint breaks. It's not a real complicated subject.

I didn't like how they made it look like their techniques work every time, in my experience that kind of thinking is dangerous and impractical.
    Similar to the clip above. I also believe TFT's philosophy on "always hitting as hard as you can" is real stupid. This ties into their flawed concept of their fighting mechanics working every time without question.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 11:37am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by curby82
    on the topic of not taking control of the gun I say this. I know many feel uncomfortable with the target in this particular vid (pre mastoid) and quite frankly yes there are other targets that most may find easier or may trust more and thats fine, TFT just tries to show you the full range of targets that are available to you, because all targets are considered equal
    All targets are not equal especially when a firearm is involved you fruitloop.

because quite frankly if the technique just showed him stepping in and toe kicking the guy in the groin and then with another step while he is going into his picture perfect groin reaction gave him a double forarm strike to the neck, causeing him to faint noone would have thought much of the gun because those targets are obvious to us, but quite frankly after kicking the guy in the balls, knocking him unconsious, then crushing his throat so he sufficates in his sleep, would me now picking up his gun that I know absolutly nothing about and shooting him be any worse than what I just did to him? some may still say yes quite boldly and thats ok I guess because all our lives we have been taught the gun carries all the power and to always respect and take care of the gun before anything else.
    Why do you have to sound like a TFT advertisement every time you fantasize about taking some bad guy out?

The vids are not there to show you how to go about injuring a man with a gun, it's to show you different ways in which the principles can be imployed also the joint breaking and weapons vids do not go very in depth into TFT's principles, if you want a clear understanding on what it is about you will first need to get thier seminar series or attend one of thier live trainings.
    Ahh, here we go again, the "systema debate defense," you can't possibly comprehend what's being done on the video clip unless you purchase the series or attend live training, right? Funny how that doesn't seem to apply to brazilian jujitsu video footage.

OH P.S. the gun does not do anything but what the operator tells it to,
    News flash moron, unless the firearm is dropped, manipulation of the guy with the firearm will move it around whether the operator decides to or not. How can you possibly be this stupid?

and TFT also goes in depth as well in showing you how to insure that you don't get shot accidentally while the guy is falling etc as well as ensureing the safety of bystanders
    You see, I'm terribly confused. If this were true, why does the leg takedown result in TFT instructor torin having the field of fire going right into his ass? Well, I guess that's one way to shield innocent bystanders, just not a terribly bright way to go about doing it.

but as alwasy the primary concern is yourself
    How, by shooting yourself in the ass? Another thing, a true professional is always concerned with both himself and the innocent bystanders. Just ask any law enforcement officer.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 11:47am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost
    Criminals don't do it efficiently - that's why more people survive attacks than die from them. Also, you're presenting a false argument by comparing knife and gun attacks to empty hand defenses; my two year old could accidentally hurt someone if he had a knife or a gun.
    It would help to know that the foundation of TFT derives from their accumulated "research" on prison attacks. For some weird reason that escapse me, they seem to have this allure to this lowest form of human debris.

You may not be taking the gun away to shoot him, curby - ASSUMING your technique works, you could just be taking it away to deny it to him/anyone else. You know - secure the scene.
    I would've thought this were an obvious point as well. Well, who can fathom the thinking of TFT practitioners or their much lauded instructors.
    Last edited by Kungfoolss; 3/16/2007 12:21pm at .

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 12:14pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal MAP
    TFT appears to take no account of positive mindset, altered state or physical immunity. The "chain of strikes" school of thought falls down as soon as the first one fails. In this sense it is just Kyoshu-Jitsu all dressed up for the new millenium.
    It's the brainwashing the students of TFT are subjected to that accounts for this warped philosoply. First, the medical trauma they claim to always be able to inflict. Never mind the fact that the human body is resilient, but that every individual has differing levels of resistence to pain and damage. To foster this "I can rupture your testicles with a single kick" mentality, TFT employs coloring books and hallucinatory training.

The coloring books are similar to medical aids a first year medical student would use to identify differing parts and organs of the human anatomy. Supposedly, the TFT students colors in these areas of the paper so they "know" what part of the human body they are damaging. Silly. As for the delusional training, this is employed whenever the TFT participant is without a workout partner. They sit on their ass and "imagine" in their minds how they will take some bad guy out. Then, they get on the private TFT forum and talk to similarly minded nuts there and discuss how great the hallucinatory training worked out for them. After which, chief nutball, instructor Torin, encourages them by saying at the TFT forum, "Imagine walking up to your attacker, then imagining your kick to his groin rupturing his testicles, then imagine your right hook to his temple caving in his skull and as he begins to pass out as he hits the floor, imagine your foot stomping down and crushing his neck killing your attacker." or asinine words to that effect.

Unless, you've had access to TFT private forum, you'd never know they talked crap like this. Well, that's why you come to Bullshido, to read the facts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 5:53pm

Style: Oushikoso-Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfoolss
    Turning it into a mantra lends itself to fallibility.

Perhaps, I'm being harsh, but it doesn't take a series to show you that. Every joint rotates on an axis. When you rotate that joint beyond it's point of rotation, guess what, that joint breaks. It's not a real complicated subject.

Similar to the clip above. I also believe TFT's philosophy on "always hitting as hard as you can" is real stupid. This ties into their flawed concept of their fighting mechanics working every time without question.
    Basically I didn't learn anything new from these video, I was just talking about someone who doesn't even know how make a fist and believes that what happens in the movies is what happens in reality. Also I'm not disagreeing with you guys, I believe this system has some big flaws which we have already talked about.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2007 12:06am

Style: Violence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I honestly can't even begin to find all the questions and answer them as best as I can for you guys, they were simply too much but I will address this stupid comment that keeps coming up and that is what if I hit the guy and there is no state change( didn't get my target)

What if you missed the target you were going for? what would you do? duh... you just keep going.
    It could have started that the guy blind sided me and now has his arms around my neck pumleing me with punches and I see his groin from the position he had me in and I strike it but caught his pants instead, do I just say oh well and give him my life oh do I make it my business not to miss a second time. I said this before but I'll say it again. It doesn't matter what style you do or what your principles are, I think we all know and understand that the only thing thats stops it from being a 12 round boxing match is injury, Nobody said it would always go down that clean but I understand that the person that causes that first injury is usualy the person that goes home and TFT gives me a road map of the body's anatomical weak areas which if you want you can argue with the early latin doctors about their validity. They never claim that you will hit your target everytime, especially when you factor in adrenaline etc ? of course not infact they know you won't but like every other system out there will tell you WHY PRACTICE ANYTHING OTHER THAN PERFECTION!
    I know I'll get someone saying now well if your hitting that hard everytime you will be off balance and........) so TFT won't work and my system teaches me to do very fast combinations so the guy does not have time to recover. But what is he recovering from? if you did'nt injure him with your first strike then he has nothing to recover from and you have caused no state change in that man then he is not compelled to react to anything your doing to him unless you hit a TARGET.
    Last edited by curby82; 3/18/2007 11:45am at .