Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 1:49pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you guys are over analyzing this (except for the text description of the video). It was a fun match to watch why no just leave it at that, I doubt the fighters had anything to prove style vs style wise.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 1:54pm

Style: WTF TKD, BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    I don't know guys, I thought the whole thing was quite fun to watch. I also think the Muay Thai fighter might've been off his game after he found out the short guy could kick his face. Probably never encountered a fighter that could kick like that ie spinning kicks high.

Overall I would say that they sparred exactly what I would expect beginning pros to fight at.
    I agree. It was much better to watch then a couple of guys throwing leg kicks and jabs for three rounds.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 2:06pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is true, it was an entertaining fight.

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 3:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hands kept up, no sideways stance, the TKD guy fought pretty well all things considered.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 4:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've watched the fight a couple of times now and it was very exciting to watch. IMHO the outcome should have been a draw. I would give the 1st round to the little guy, I would call the 2nd round even, I would give the 3rd round to the big guy.

1st round the little guy was pretty dominant and the big guy seemed a little confused with how to handle him.

2nd round the little guy did land some nice kicks but he also ate several knees, some in sucession, and some punches. Also he landed fewer kicks than the first round that's why I would call it even.

3rd. Little guy spends as much time laying on the canvas after a missed kick as he does on his feet fighting. 3rd round goes to the big guy.

If you read the message under the video I don't think it is an accurate description. This was not MT rules, clinches were often broken up rather quickly and I didn't see any elbows being allowed. I also don't believe that the TKD guy was WTF. Is he affiliated with WTF, yes, every TKD guy in the country is. But most likely this guy trains Pro TKD which allows low kicks, punches, knees, and throws. Hence the reason he kept his hands up and would some times try to turn into a hip throw from the clinch.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 4:34pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Prepare for ownage...

Here's my commentary from the first time this was posted.

I don't think either of those guys did Taekwondo. The first fighter, Shin Ooyung, is an amatuer Kyuktooki fighter with a record of 15 wins, 10 by KO. He may have of course, trained TKD at some point in the past, like almost every other Korean, but what they list him as is KTK.

Kyuk Too Ki started off like Chinese Sanda/Sanshou...a way for TKD guys to fight HKD guys to fight KSD, DSD, SPG, etc...like Sanshou, it's pretty much evolved into its own format, which is both good and bad.

The Muay Thai fighter's name is Kum Geunsoo. I think this may have been his first match, which explains why he's so timid.

Talk about a height difference...

It's an interesting match-up, since Kyuktooki is more akin to Sanshou in that they use throws...

Had to laugh at the low blow...poor dude was kicking waist level for him...that ref loves the ass slap...

Shin Ooyung needs to work on his clinch. It looked like he kept going for thows, but they weren't working against the bigger guy. He doesn't even clinch, throw knees, and then throw.

I kept waiting for Geunsoo to start boxing Ooyung, especially after he nailed him with that jab in round two.

He may have landed on his ass, but that jump spinning hook kick was sweet...

And another chot chagi "penis kick"

Note to self: Get ring girls for next Throwdown...

The third round was just a spaz fest...

Thanks for the vid.
    Aside from him not being a TKDer, he did land more hits in the first round. Kum Geunsoo didn't seem to know how to use his height to his advantage, and Shin Ooyung just exhibited better ring management. Geunsoo threws some good punches, then got pissed and just started throwing haymakers.

Korean answers are amuzing.

"Ooooo...low kick low kick! High kick high kick!!! PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH!!!"
    TKD = Taekwondo

HKD = Hapkido

KSD = Kongsoodo

DSD = Dangsoodo

SPG = Shippalgi

KTK = Kyuktooki
    Definitely the first, the second he got two big kicks in on the dude's head even if he fell on his ass. Geunsoo barely responded, got one good punch in, but hey, whatever...
    Yeah, like Sanda, it's a bit confusing. It can be a type of competition for people of various backgrounds to compete (like even ground for a bagua dude to fight a long fist dude or whatever), but like Sanda/sanshou, it's also kinda evolved into its own thing. There are a lot of dojang in Korea that teach just KTK.

We've been trying to get KTK comps going here in the Mid-Atlantic. It's been hard, but one gentleman just opened a KTK dojang in VA, so hopefully it will happen.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 4:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We have all been owned!! Bow down to Derauslander

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 4:49pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not your fault.

People make stupid generalities all the time.

"Look! It's a Korean guy! He's kicking! He must do tEH TKD!"

Like I said, it's not your fault. I can read the captions below the fighters.

Genius

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 6:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjelva
    They sucked.
    The guy barely managed to beat a dwarf who hardly even reached the top of the ropes.
    **** you! Dwarves are great fighters!!

Genius

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 6:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    4 knockdowns called "slips" in the last round. The MT guy isn't good, but he still would've won with a more objective ref and judges.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast