Genius

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 5:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Fight Night Round 3

Great game, a slight but significant improvement over Round 2. I like the fact that haymakers are less effective and a bit slower. Jabs are more effective now, but not quite as much as I'd like. It's good on Xbox and much better on XBOX 360. I've played this on the 360 over the 'net and it's very fun. On the 360, there is no HUD for health and stamina, you have to observe the wear and tear on yours and the other's fighters to estimate the damage and tiredness. This makes for a very fun game. This is, by far, the best boxing game out made to date.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 8:12pm

Style: Boxing, Wushu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    a slight but significant improvement over Round 2.
    slight but significant?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 8:26pm

Style: TKD; BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it enough of an improvement over Round 2 to give R3 a try, or is it basically the same game with some tweaks?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 9:00pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the xbox 360 isn't even out in australia yet, and even it it was i wouldn't be able to afford it. i'd love to play that game...

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 9:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kengou
    Is it enough of an improvement over Round 2 to give R3 a try, or is it basically the same game with some tweaks?
    no there isnt much different between round 2 and 3

Genius

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 9:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've outlined the differences, you can actually stop punches with a jab. Haymakers are a bit slower and do less damage. There are many different boxing "styles" you can employ. I think it's well worth the money to buy round 3.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 10:24pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have the first one, and I meant to get the second one eventually, but at this point I figure I might as well just get get the third one.

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 4:24am

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've got both 1 and 2, and I still maintain that 1 was a better game than 2. Moving while punching is great, but the slow-ass recovery time from parried punches, punches moving with the speed of jello and those stupid fucking haymakers ruined it.

In the first game you could actually throw a combo and have it look and hit sharp.
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 9:52am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lifetime
    I've got both 1 and 2, and I still maintain that 1 was a better game than 2. Moving while punching is great, but the slow-ass recovery time from parried punches, punches moving with the speed of jello and those stupid fucking haymakers ruined it.

In the first game you could actually throw a combo and have it look and hit sharp.
    I only played 2 for about 5 minutes at Best Buy one time, so I didn't really get a good feel for it.

The one thing that frustrated me about the first one is having to chase my opponent around the ring for the entire match while he just backed away from me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 2:39pm

Style: TKD; BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can kind of stop punches with jabs in R2... but only sometimes. If the other guy gets hit solidly with the jab, he might miss his punch.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast