Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 3:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jaw, Leg, and Rib Breaking Capoeira Too Deadly To Practice When You're Not Tired

Hey check it out over at Capoeira.com I was reading a thread where some guy was bitching about having to do hard training (no surprise there for someone who does Capoeira) but then another forum member started laying into him saying you have to tire yourself out before you practice fighting with Capoeira because otherwise it's just too d34dly and this guy should know he says he's a United States Marine!

Thought I'd share the comedy:

http://www.capoeira.com/forum_viewtopic.php?10.96851.50

"Perhaps behind the physical conditioning and the "boot camp" style training you speak of, though I've been to some pretty shitty classes and none of them compare to bootcamp, is some objective you can't see. ...Another idea behind a lot of exercises is, solely, to wear you down... don't know if you play Regional or Angola, but I've been into the roda with regional players going full force, and i've seen people get jaws, legs, and ribs broken. The idea behind wearing you out is twofold. When playing, you wont hurt each other, and, perhaps more importantly, you're forced to focus on the technical matters of a move because you can no longer muscle it."

Can you only attend underground jaw leg and rib breaking Capoeira classes if you're in the military? After you tire yourself out enough obviously, safety first.

When's it going to be Capoeira Sucks month? There is just so much material available to laugh at.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 4:38pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand what the guy was trying to say.

Unfortunately he is wrong. When you are tired is when you make the mistakes. And I can absolutely guarantee all those injuries he listed - were mistakes/accidents. In any martial art you can get hurt. People get jaws, ribs, and legs broken in TKD. It does not however, make any art (TKD) included inherently more dangerous.

If his entire philosophy is founded upon Capoeira being too deadly to practice full force then he falls squarely into the realm of Bullshido. Hopefully he just exaggerated somewhat for effect.

BTW who were you? 1 post and you know about monthly themes? Troll account, got banned, or started an anonymous account?

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 4:40pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    BTW who were you? 1 post and you know about monthly themes? Troll account, got banned, or started an anonymous account?

Probably a lurker.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 4:54pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    perhaps more importantly, you're forced to focus on the technical matters of a move because you can no longer muscle it."
    I think you missed his point of that sentence. I like the guy actually. At the end of that post he says...
    Personally, I could take Mister Miyagi...I call it rifle-kwan-do...
    And are you saying that it is unbelievable that a cap guy could break someones leg, jaw, or rib? Because if thats what you're trying to say, I think you're pretty ignorant;unless you've actually trained in cap or have fought several good cap guys yourself.

Cap is good at what it does. Most ppl who do it don't think they are deadly or anything stupid like that.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 5:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually on further review, im willing to bet that Tripster is "EsquivaRasteira" from that cap forum, and he's come here to try and recruit ppl for his arguement, seeing how he seemed to get pwned in that thread on the other forum.

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 5:41pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to post here but I can't remember my password, I didn't think that would qualify as duplicate account so I hope I can continue to use this one. Capoeira people make me laugh they pull any argument they can out their ass to try and prove they're teh d34dly and if they get proved wrong they switch to saying its about the culture, or the music!

Yeah yeah I know a kick is a kick Epsilon but come on! Capoeira! Like everyone in my boxing class we do cardio all the way through so no I'm not some tosser who's crying about having to do a few star jumps thanks. I'm sure anyone could take anyone with teh gun fu you're missing the hilarious point of my thread. Like you said Yrkoon9 if you're tired you have accidents and arguing that the instructor has to make everyone tired, before the lethal sparring is absolute bullshido! 'No no we don't spar before we're tired we would hurt each other' HA! HA! HA! You ever seen these clowns do a demonstration it's like morris dancers meets harry krishnas.

So like I say when's Capoeira sucks month?
    Last edited by Tripster; 3/10/2006 5:45pm at .

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 5:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude it was one guys opinion, and a minor one at that. It's not like he speaks for every Cap guy in the world. Like I said, I think the more important point he was trying to make was that being tired forces you to focus on technique instead of muscle.

You do raise a good point about tiring each other out so as to not hurt each other, but why are you argueing on this thread?? Stop trying to gain sympathy from another forum and go back into the fight you wuss!

Running from forum to forum until you find ppl who agree with you is not the best way to gain respect.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 6:47pm

Style: do no do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripster
    I used to post here but I can't remember my password, I didn't think that would qualify as duplicate account so I hope I can continue to use this one. Capoeira people make me laugh they pull any argument they can out their ass to try and prove they're teh d34dly and if they get proved wrong they switch to saying its about the culture, or the music!

Yeah yeah I know a kick is a kick Epsilon but come on! Capoeira! Like everyone in my boxing class we do cardio all the way through so no I'm not some tosser who's crying about having to do a few star jumps thanks. I'm sure anyone could take anyone with teh gun fu you're missing the hilarious point of my thread. Like you said Yrkoon9 if you're tired you have accidents and arguing that the instructor has to make everyone tired, before the lethal sparring is absolute bullshido! 'No no we don't spar before we're tired we would hurt each other' HA! HA! HA! You ever seen these clowns do a demonstration it's like morris dancers meets harry krishnas.

So like I say when's Capoeira sucks month?
    boxers are one dimensional binary fighters incapable of decent adaptation outside of their subscribed paradigm, i think your afraid of capoerists because a good deal of them are hot chicks who are stronger and faster than you...but other than the jealously of their superior conditioning is the fact that you are in reality a homosexual who would rather toss pat ass in the change room than learn real skill and have very decent sex with a female capoerist. delusions are fun until they reveal your hidden homosexual tension that you bring into the boxing ring. boxers are gay. its true.

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 6:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripster
    I used to post here but I can't remember my password, I didn't think that would qualify as duplicate account so I hope I can continue to use this one.
    What's your old username?
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Posted On:
    3/11/2006 7:19am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My user name was Chance and the first part of my password was the name of a large sports manufacturer but I can't remember the numbers after it or the hotmail account I registered with. I've submitted stuff ripping the piss out of Capoeira in the past, why? Because I did actually practise it for about a year and it's a joke. I haven't had net access for a month or so but I have started boxing now, well I'd done a bit before but now I'm more serious.

Epsilon I don't care about the ins and outs of the argument over there it's just funny when someone pulls out the too deadly sparring Bullshido, even funnier if they do Capoeira. They usually fall back on Capoeiristas used to fight with razor blades! But this one was new. Way to kill the humour.

If Orkflesh got banned for the post on this thread, he deserved it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast