Sponsored Links Spacer Image

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/15/2006 8:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I disagree about the sparring partner thing. a sparring partner should push you to your limits and you should be pushing back. ive been clocked hard before usually by shots i didnt see coming, although ive only been dropped once in training by a headshot (well and a broken nose but i didnt go down so it doesnt count :p) I find the idea of "i could have hit you but didnt" is a **** way of training because you have to leave it up to the guy you didnt hit to decide. i would rather not give people that option. if someone has holes in their game you need to fill those holes preferably with a fist (or your wang if you do BJJ)

i mean of course, people who come in swinging for the trees and looking for a KO in sparring are frowned upon. these kind of people dont tend to last because then for their hard work they get to spar with someone like Chapman which is a bit of an ego killer.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    8/15/2006 8:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alex do you think headgear messes with your head movement?

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/15/2006 8:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    im probably not the best guy to ask about head movement- it seems every time itry to slip a punch i catch a foot in the mouth- but no, not really. we have guys who fight at k-1, pro boxing and olympic boxing level and it doesnt affect them. good quality headgear will not be that much of a hinderance, although with headgear on you may move slower.
    Last edited by alex; 8/15/2006 8:43pm at .

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    8/15/2006 8:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I feel like my headmovement is worse while I wear it, but I don't think it effects your headmovement without it.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/15/2006 8:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what she said

also those legs are scary white. they MAY even be whiter than mine, if such a thing is possible

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    8/15/2006 8:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it's mostly the flash I think, my legs are whiter than hers
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/15/2006 9:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    pics or it didnt happen. same applies to you guys being lesbians and no, i wont make do with with tongue wrestling. the people demand gratuitous nudity

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 8:55am

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    I find the idea of "i could have hit you but didnt" is a **** way of training because you have to leave it up to the guy you didnt hit to decide. i would rather not give people that option. if someone has holes in their game you need to fill those holes preferably with a fist
    I asked this during the training for my first MMA fight and was under the impression that if I didn't get hit I wouldn't know where the holes are. My boxing coach is really good and hitting me without hitting me, you know? Same goes for the MT coach. Both of these guys are on levels so far above my skill level in their respective sports that it is ridiculous to see them go even half speed on me. That said, once my 'wang' comes into play I can usually score a takedown or two.

Don't get me wrong we still hit each other (it is a full contact sport) its just that we're careful to not fully crack each other.

TKD

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    10/30/2006 3:52am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Help in buying headgear

Greetings,

could anybody give any good advice on quality caged headgear (preferably sold in Europe too)? I was offered one with a vinyl/plastic transparent facecage and have no experience with such headgear. I used to train with a metal cage. Is there any difference between the two? The metal cage seems to protect better from accidental strikes to the eyes though...

Thanks,

Tonuzaba

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/30/2006 5:22am

supporting member
     Style: Yoseikan Budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll need to ask where we get ours for Yoseikan Budo it has a metal cage in front that protects well but as it's metal you can't really strike hard without gloves :-)

We use them for full contact empty hand and with 'foam' (that still hurt like hell) weapons so they do protect well.

I saw some nice ones with a full plastic cage that seem to be strong in the video of hard core Karate style but I don't know were you could get those.
    Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast