Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 1:56pm

Style: FMA (Ilustrisimo)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A Cleto Reyes is a top of the line boxing approved headgear which runs about $100 or more. You can purchase other lines on fightgear.com which are also boxing approved which to me is important cause of the material used. Boxing headgear is made to absorb trauma to the head which is key to on-going training. An addition would be to add a visor of some sort. I use the Itech Concept II Clear Hockey Mask. The reason for additional protection is due to the nature of the training i.e. simulated eye gouge and rakes etc.

All in all, you can have the benefits of this combination for under $100.

JohnJ

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 11:08am

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Chest protector and headgear

"Mandatory equipment: All competitors must provide their own equipment and must include boxing type head gear, 12 ounce boxing type gloves, mouth piece, groin protector, reversible chest protectors, shin guards, and foam foot gear. "

I need a reversible chest protector and boxing type head gear.

I'm leaning towards the Pro-Mex
    headgear.

Any advice? the WTF Adidas gear looks alright, but I dunno...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 11:42am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any headgear is acceptable? Or are there limitations? Does it have to be approved by a sanctioning body?

You don't want to lay out a bunch of money for equipment and then have it be unusable.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 11:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by warnerj5000
    Any headgear is acceptable? Or are there limitations? Does it have to be approved by a sanctioning body?

You don't want to lay out a bunch of money for equipment and then have it be unusable.
    My sihing fought in this sanshou tournament 2 years ago wearing the pro-mex headgear. That's why I am leaning towards it.

Those are litterally all of the rules for equipment listed.

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 3:49pm

supporting member
     Style: SanDa / MMA / Kung-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That headgear would work fine, but it does have particularly huge cheek protection and may cut down your vision more than other headgear. Good for taking bombs in training, but in the ring you might want somthing a bit less invasive. We've been using a lot of the Fightgear Headgears and people seem to like them a lot, very nice headgear. All comes down to personal preference really.

I would stay away from the TKD chest protectors if you can, they are bulky and awkward. We have a couple of pairs of chest protectors (we only use them when someones got injured ribs or prepping for Worlds) that are specifically International Amature rules San Shou chest protectors like they make you wear for Amature comps in China. They are waaay better than TKD chest protectors. Very light, low profile, almost like body armor. Still sucks having to wear one, but if youve got to i would recommend finding that kind. I can look at the gym and see if there's a label or brand name on them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 3:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter
    That headgear would work fine, but it does have particularly huge cheek protection and may cut down your vision more than other headgear. Good for taking bombs in training, but in the ring you might want somthing a bit less invasive. We've been using a lot of the Fightgear Headgears and people seem to like them a lot, very nice headgear. All comes down to personal preference really.

I would stay away from the TKD chest protectors if you can, they are bulky and awkward. We have a couple of pairs of chest protectors (we only use them when someones got injured ribs or prepping for Worlds) that are specifically International Amature rules San Shou chest protectors like they make you wear for Amature comps in China. They are waaay better than TKD chest protectors. Very light, low profile, almost like body armor. Still sucks having to wear one, but if youve got to i would recommend finding that kind. I can look at the gym and see if there's a label or brand name on them.
    I would appreciate it if you could look. I've found Kwon, Tiger Claw, Thaismai, and the adidas. I want the least invasive thing to strap around me.

Yeah it sucks, but it's the rules.

Which fightgear headgear? For some reason I thought they had the mexican head gear with the cheek pads too. Pro-Mex is my sihing's choice, thats why I was leaning towards Title...

thanks.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 4:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i have a nice fairtex headgear, also the kwon ones are ok, but i would suggest that you get the fightgear one. the blue bomber is cheap and machine washable.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 4:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is generally my favorite kind of headgear http://www.gungfu.com/pics_general/p...ba-usa-abf.jpg

Everyone seems to hate everlast for whatever reason, but I think the headgear is pretty comfy.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 5:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Everyone seems to hate everlast for whatever reason, but I think the headgear is pretty comfy.
    Lousy wholesale prices.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 5:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think $40 is pretty decent for a headgear. My gloves which seem to have lasted me nicely were $30.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast