Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 1718 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2009 3:45pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've worn all kinds of funked up headgear at the gym. However those two models are the exception. I'm probably going to go with the Rival.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    7/10/2009 5:54pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't like how my visibility is limited in headgear with cheek pads; guys got any suggestions to headgear with cheek pads, but with MAXIMUM visibility? I don't need to worry too much about my nose (very flat), so they don't need to come in too narrow like mexican style headgear. I am more concerned about my eye area, while preserving the most visibility.

I use a cheap 25 dollar Century headgear. Its actually pretty decent, but it feels completely like a competition headgear. After harder sparring sessions I usually have a good headache. Ironically IKF specifically banned it, so nogo on it if you plan to do IKF matches.. lol

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 10:40pm

Style: Shito-ryu/ Full-Contact

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    I don't like how my visibility is limited in headgear with cheek pads; guys got any suggestions to headgear with cheek pads, but with MAXIMUM visibility? I don't need to worry too much about my nose (very flat), so they don't need to come in too narrow like mexican style headgear. I am more concerned about my eye area, while preserving the most visibility.

I use a cheap 25 dollar Century headgear. Its actually pretty decent, but it feels completely like a competition headgear. After harder sparring sessions I usually have a good headache. Ironically IKF specifically banned it, so nogo on it if you plan to do IKF matches.. lol

hahah, yeah one of my training partners wears that headgear in black and it's straight up garbage. Go with TOP TEN instead, I wear it and since I've owned it I haven't been rocked or anything. It's AIBA certified so it has great shock absorbency, although the Bayflex material disperses the energy rather than absorbing it. Oh, and if you go with the TOP TEN get the leather or Avantegarde model, not the older Olympia model, because it's more comfortable, has more protection and is better ventilated. Winning is the brand that all the pro boxers use and I hear their head gear basically makes you in to Mark Hunt/Cabbage

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    7/15/2009 12:15pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Much better ventilation:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 1:01am

Style: heel hooks

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well you could always use a hockey goalie mask or these wierd karate face cage things i have used when i spar at a hybrid wrestling gym. You can ask warwheel or jason deluchia more about them (i dont know jason's bullshido name but i know he is the ground instructor at that gym and i know he is on bullshido somwhere)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2009 1:06am

Style: heel hooks

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JRT6 View Post
    I've worn all kinds of funked up headgear at the gym. However those two models are the exception. I'm probably going to go with the Rival.
    RIVAL IS AMAZING!!

at my gym their are several of my instructors/sparring partners and employees that have that headgear and also the gloves are sick. Ill stick with my trusty top contenders though (extraordinarily comfortable) and Boon muay thai gloves (their just cool plus i got for Hanukkah) hopefully this will convince you to buy those rivals!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2009 12:46am

Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so i'm curious...

how much protection does the puffycheeks add? in my mind right now, i'd rather get that than a facecage

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 1:57am

Style: Shito-ryu/ Full-Contact

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by izigr View Post
    so i'm curious...

how much protection does the puffycheeks add? in my mind right now, i'd rather get that than a facecage
    YouTube - Rival Training Headgear video review at Ratethisgear com

Posted On:
    9/03/2009 3:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay thai and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Headgear for people with hard contact lensses.

Hello, I am looking for a headgear that protects my eyes 100% for muay thai sparring. I wear hard contact lensses and if I get punch in the eye they can break inside or I can just lose them, and they are very expensive. I hear that the ones with the nose bar restrict your vision for the low kicks. Well let me know thanks for all your help.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    9/04/2009 12:55am

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you are SOL man. Punches come through, no matter what. Unless you wanna do the whole face shield gig.