Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2006 7:24pm

Style: looking for new style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sfe

http://www.martialartsmart.net/tck-cs003.html

The chain whip has got to be the easiest way to maim yourself, family and friends. It's at least up there with the three sectional bo.
    That's probably shittier than a 3SS.
    I'm not sure if it's as shitty as this weapon I saw at a demo last year. I don't know what the name of it is, but it was being used by some group of people practising an Indian martial art.
    Its basically a wooden wheel the size of a large dinner plate, with about 12 chains hanging off it, the chains are probably two feet long with wooden balls a bit smaller than a tennis balls on the end of each.
    The people spun the thing really quick and the chains and balls spin around as well. Occasionally they would throw it up in the air and catch it again.
    It looked impressive, but had they fucked up, they could easily have ended up with a black eye, a broken nose and a smack in the gonads all at the same time.
    Definately not very practical.

Posted On:
    4/23/2006 8:30pm

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Han
    That's probably shittier than a 3SS.
    I'm not sure if it's as shitty as this weapon I saw at a demo last year. I don't know what the name of it is, but it was being used by some group of people practising an Indian martial art.
    Its basically a wooden wheel the size of a large dinner plate, with about 12 chains hanging off it, the chains are probably two feet long with wooden balls a bit smaller than a tennis balls on the end of each.
    The people spun the thing really quick and the chains and balls spin around as well. Occasionally they would throw it up in the air and catch it again.
    It looked impressive, but had they fucked up, they could easily have ended up with a black eye, a broken nose and a smack in the gonads all at the same time.
    Definately not very practical.
    I think they use that for wrist strength and flexibility. I do not belive they fight with it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2006 8:42pm

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would like it stated for the record that if you grabbed that 9 sectioned balde chain by the dull end and began spinning rapidly in a circle, if you ignore dizzy-ness you stand a good chance of hurting quite a few people.

Posted On:
    4/23/2006 9:13pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Enough to incapicate, maim or kill? Say someone really intent on stabbing/beating/raping/killing you?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2006 10:09pm

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fool do you dare question my dizzy spin tactics?

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    4/24/2006 12:33am

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    I think they use that for wrist strength and flexibility. I do not belive they fight with it.
    I don't blame them!!

So it's a weight training tool then, not a weapon?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2006 9:24am

Style: looking for new style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    I hope they don't fight with it. Everything else they were using there was being used as a weapon, so I assumed it was too.
    Besides, that day I saw lots of scary stuff like a man wearing a baby blue taekwon do suit, **** loads of 'X-treme martial arts' and people showing how deadly wing chun was against wooden dummies so you can't blame me for thinking the worst about them.

Posted On:
    4/26/2006 11:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I get from this post that because several people have no clue how to use a certain weapon, that they must be crap?

I'm guessing that you guys would kill yourselves trying to operate a nuclear submarine, but that doesn't make it a bad weapon.

If a weapon is crap, at least come up with a better reason than, "I hurt myself trying to use one."

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 12:22am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerDude
    So I get from this post that because several people have no clue how to use a certain weapon, that they must be crap?

I'm guessing that you guys would kill yourselves trying to operate a nuclear submarine, but that doesn't make it a bad weapon.

If a weapon is crap, at least come up with a better reason than, "I hurt myself trying to use one."
    I think that you're taking this thread to much to heart. It's not that the weapon is "crap," it's just that no one without EXTENSIVE training devoted to such weapons would be able to wield them with out hurting themselves or others (by accident or just plain stupidity). The fact of the matter is A LOT of people ignore this fact, hence, a stupid weapon.

I believe that is the point of the thread. Here at Bullshido it is about effectiveness that is cultivated without lots of strings attached. Sure, be the best fighter you can be, but also get that way in a reasonable amount of time and hard training (that is if you're training in something decent).

Besides, who would ever walk around with any of the above weapons on there person for self defense?

"I hurt myself trying to use one." That is a good reason a weapon is crappy. Also, you forget that we are just trying to have a laugh!

Just common sense.

edit: or they're just CRAPPY weapons.
    Last edited by Steve; 4/27/2006 12:36am at .

Posted On:
    4/27/2006 12:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To make people happy, here is another crappy weapon (gatling rubber band gun):

http://www.rubberbandguns.com/catalog.htm

and this, SONIC POP RAY GUN!!! yay!!:

actually pretty funny: http://www.claytonbailey.com/popgun.htm
    Last edited by Steve; 4/27/2006 1:06am at .
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12 LastLast