Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 3:45am

Style: training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bantus worldwide Capoiera

i would like to know more about this school, before i join in, cuz their preety expensive........does anyone have any info on the Bantus Capoiera schools.. are they full of it.

i have my doubts, but i m not sure,

thanks

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 6:19am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got link?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 10:05pm

Style: training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i dont know about the rest of the world, but this the branch in malaysia http://www.bantus.com.my/

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 10:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Tae-Ninjitsu Mu Sool

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if u wanna have good workout an do some cool dance-type stuff as a bonus go right ahead. if u wanna fight, try somethin else. if they too expensive, **** them

cause there should be another MA school in your area with reasonable rates for the deserving tax-payin c!t!z3n

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    3/11/2006 3:50am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not many Cap guys on this forum, you might wanna try a capoeira webpage, like www.planetcapoeira.com or www.capoeira.com

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    3/11/2006 4:29am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Capoeira? The art of break dancing? I hope it is too expensive because itll save you some wasted time. Like Shinobi said its probally a good workout but from what ive seen/read its not realy a martial art. Anyone here know of it being any practical?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2006 4:34am

Style: MT, Sanshou/Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, meeting women.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    3/11/2006 2:52pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And convincing ppl you are brazilian. If you REALLY wanna fight, try something else. If you just wana have a good time, and fighting isn't a big deal to you, cap is fun.

Posted On:
    3/12/2006 7:03am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: capoeira

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey porky,

yes, bantus is definitely a legit capoeira group and not a fraud in any way, unless of course someone is posing as them. but question is, what country are u in? coz different countries will have instructors of differing levels and countries of origin other than brasil. And no, bantus capoeira as far as i know is not a mcdojo, coz after your first initial belt, it's not easy to progress to the next level. they really check on your progress and your abilities.

The capo taught at bantus academies in countries other than brasil though, may not fully prepare you to fight in real life. In brasil, real fights in capoeira rodas are very common, and capoeira taught there is definitely effective for the street since it was on the streets that capoeira was developed.

However, many times (not always!) capoeira taught in other countries may be toned down to meet the public's demand since capoeira is usually promoted as a fun 'sport'. This does not disqualify it as being capo since the fun/music/acrobatic stuff is a part of it. But often the violence in the game is left out.

But for those that think capoeira is all about breakdancing, well there is some similarities in some games of capoeira, but other rhythms require full contact and no fancy moves. The original regional style taught by mestre bimba consisted no fancy kicks or acrobatics.

Having said that, capo works in fights, but only if you're really well trained, and not focusing too much on fancy moves. if u wanna learn to fight in a short time, take muay thai. but if you wanna absorb capoeira as a whole (fighting, acrobatics, culture, music etc), then bantus a good place to start. someone mentioned the malaysian bantus group. the intructor (raphael) is from brasil and he's good.

hope this helps.

Posted On:
    3/12/2006 7:49am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: capoeira

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey proky, i just realised from your other posts that ur malaysian. i just checked the malaysian bantus capo website. i think RM120 (US$ 31.50) PER MONTH for 5 classes a WEEK is super cheap!!! if u wanna be good at something, u gotta invest a bit!! of course the uniform and all are gonna cost extra money, but compared to other ma or capo groups overseas, the price is super cheap.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast