Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It took me 2 months to get my yellow belt, because I was lazy. I only wanted to get it because it was a requirement to spar (and then I found out it wasn't, I could've just taken grappling for a month, damnit) and that was the end of my run in Kenpo.

There's no reason you shouldn't have a black belt in Kenpo in 2 years if you pay attention in class and buy some instructionals. It's all katas.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It took me 4 months to get my Blue belt in Enshin, Blue is the belt after white. The test is basically a vocabulary test, a kata, then 3 two minute rounds sparring, bare knuckle, wth shin pads.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I Choke You
    It took me 2 months to get my yellow belt, because I was lazy. I only wanted to get it because it was a requirement to spar (and then I found out it wasn't, I could've just taken grappling for a month, damnit) and that was the end of my run in Kenpo.

There's no reason you shouldn't have a black belt in Kenpo in 2 years if you pay attention in class and buy some instructionals. It's all katas.
    as far as i know kenpo is more than katas, its fast striking! kiah! there is sparring but i dont wanna get punched in the face

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Da SHreDdA
    there is sparring but i dont wanna get punched in the face
    There's always knitting.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^ lol ^^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    There's always knitting.
    who wants to have a mangled nose? not me:jerkit2yf

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    who wants to have a mangled nose? not me:jerkit2yf
    who wants to learn how to fight? not you

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    as far as i know kenpo is more than katas, its fast striking! kiah! there is sparring but i dont wanna get punched in the face

Please, also do note that the "kiahi" is a japanese word that loosely means projection of energy.

When at a dojo, if you hear them actually saing "kiai" or whatever, then you can tell that that instructor missed the point entirely.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I Choke You

depends on the school, what style of kenpo, and the instructor. I recall a post on a thread a few weeks ago in which someone mentioned that it was possible to get a Judo BB in one year (I trolled back in time as much as I could stand but couldn't find the exact post, sorry). That would seem in direct conflict with..........

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin
    I know you're talking about kempo but my old judo club only had 5 belts; white, yellow, green, brown, and black. No stripes or any of that silly crap. I got my yellow belt after 4 years of membership.
    Like I said before. If kata's and slap fighting (BUT NO CONTACT!!!!! damnit) are what you want, TMA'ish, then Kenpo's cool.....better than playing with pink fans.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas
    depends on the school, what style of kenpo, and the instructor. I recall a post on a thread a few weeks ago in which someone mentioned that it was possible to get a Judo BB in one year (I trolled back in time as much as I could stand but couldn't find the exact post, sorry). That would seem in direct conflict with..........

Like I said before. If kata's and slap fighting (BUT NO CONTACT!!!!! damnit) are what you want, TMA'ish, then Kenpo's cool.....better than playing with pink fans.
    why do u say slapfighyting? eevrything so far is punches,kicks,elbows and knees,combos with punches and kicks , like american kickboxing, in sparring its full contact, i told the slapfighting ****

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last