Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 5:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It took me 2 months to get my yellow belt, because I was lazy. I only wanted to get it because it was a requirement to spar (and then I found out it wasn't, I could've just taken grappling for a month, damnit) and that was the end of my run in Kenpo.

There's no reason you shouldn't have a black belt in Kenpo in 2 years if you pay attention in class and buy some instructionals. It's all katas.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 5:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It took me 4 months to get my Blue belt in Enshin, Blue is the belt after white. The test is basically a vocabulary test, a kata, then 3 two minute rounds sparring, bare knuckle, wth shin pads.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 7:36pm

Style: whatever it takes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I Choke You
    It took me 2 months to get my yellow belt, because I was lazy. I only wanted to get it because it was a requirement to spar (and then I found out it wasn't, I could've just taken grappling for a month, damnit) and that was the end of my run in Kenpo.

There's no reason you shouldn't have a black belt in Kenpo in 2 years if you pay attention in class and buy some instructionals. It's all katas.
    as far as i know kenpo is more than katas, its fast striking! kiah! there is sparring but i dont wanna get punched in the face

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 7:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Da SHreDdA
    there is sparring but i dont wanna get punched in the face
    There's always knitting.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 8:04pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^ lol ^^

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 8:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    There's always knitting.
    who wants to have a mangled nose? not me:jerkit2yf

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 1:17am

Style: BJJ & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    who wants to have a mangled nose? not me:jerkit2yf
    who wants to learn how to fight? not you

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 9:01am

Style: Japanese Jujutsu / aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    as far as i know kenpo is more than katas, its fast striking! kiah! there is sparring but i dont wanna get punched in the face

Please, also do note that the "kiahi" is a japanese word that loosely means projection of energy.

When at a dojo, if you hear them actually saing "kiai" or whatever, then you can tell that that instructor missed the point entirely.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 10:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I Choke You

depends on the school, what style of kenpo, and the instructor. I recall a post on a thread a few weeks ago in which someone mentioned that it was possible to get a Judo BB in one year (I trolled back in time as much as I could stand but couldn't find the exact post, sorry). That would seem in direct conflict with..........

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin
    I know you're talking about kempo but my old judo club only had 5 belts; white, yellow, green, brown, and black. No stripes or any of that silly crap. I got my yellow belt after 4 years of membership.
    Like I said before. If kata's and slap fighting (BUT NO CONTACT!!!!! damnit) are what you want, TMA'ish, then Kenpo's cool.....better than playing with pink fans.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 2:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas
    depends on the school, what style of kenpo, and the instructor. I recall a post on a thread a few weeks ago in which someone mentioned that it was possible to get a Judo BB in one year (I trolled back in time as much as I could stand but couldn't find the exact post, sorry). That would seem in direct conflict with..........

Like I said before. If kata's and slap fighting (BUT NO CONTACT!!!!! damnit) are what you want, TMA'ish, then Kenpo's cool.....better than playing with pink fans.
    why do u say slapfighyting? eevrything so far is punches,kicks,elbows and knees,combos with punches and kicks , like american kickboxing, in sparring its full contact, i told the slapfighting ****
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast