Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 9:04pm

Style: do no do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor X
    Failure to use standard English--be it the Queen's or the King's--which would make "nuculer" a word--demonstrates a singular immaturity coupled with a lack of respect for the Readership.

Ignorance is never a virtue.

--J.D.
    I don't have a right to post until I put a style in my style field.
    Last edited by Omega; 3/10/2006 9:14pm at .

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 10:06pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I, for one, welcome our new Moderator-Overlords!

--J. "Never Met a Boot I Could Not Lick" D.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2006 12:51pm

Style: Isshin-ryu Karate-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds very much to me like the senior aikidoka suffer from the eacting same delibating disease that is running rampantly throughout bullshido.net

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2006 2:17pm

Style: Beatyerass

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkflesh
    you do, or else you wouldn't have replied......
    Oh God, I am so owned by you. As I said earlier, grow the **** up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2006 1:41am

Style: TKD/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sooooooooooooooooooooo You just realized that their is as much bullshit in Aikido as is in every art or did you believe before attending your first class that because Aikidoka are supposed to be humble and that O-sensei was a most notable MAist that all Aikido dojo's and practitioners were going to be perfect, peace loving, and teach in a manner which is completely combat effective?

As said before, grow the **** up.

Posted On:
    3/12/2006 6:34am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know the really depressing part is that some aikido techniques can acutally work very well. I learnt an aikido move (don't have a fucking clue what the name is) which involves grabbing the wrist on the same side - so right hand to op's left wrist, for example - then pulling the arm across your chest while turning into it, then using your body weight on the elbow joint to bring the guy down. I've done that, twice, in real confrontations. It also has a rather nice side-effect where your op's head smacks off something - 1st time the guy hit his head off a bench and was actually out cold, the second one went face-first into the concrete.

However I doubt you could really pull it off against a boxer.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    3/12/2006 6:53am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last weekend, after band camp, I was visiting a friend who does Aikido, he invited me out to his community centre Aikido club. Funny thing, there was this arrogant little 135 pounder wearing a white belt and a gi that he kept asking how to tie (the gi didnt have any ties) so we told him - of course, close it to the left (the labels end up on the outside this way).

The instructor of our class (who is also a BJJ brown belt) then began to take us through a series of traditional movements that we were doing for fun that day.

We decided to do krappy versions of aikido to keep this white belt in the dark about the real stuff.

Then we laughed at him after he left, we had kept the secret.

:jerkit2yf
    Last edited by Askari; 3/12/2006 6:56am at .

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    3/12/2006 6:55am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Edited: Double Post

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    3/12/2006 8:38am

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My aikido experience:

So a noob is trying ippon seoinage on me during uchikomi. He comes under and too far to the left, shooting way past my hips. The little fatty also tried to improperly load me up by bending over at the waist and tugging on my arm. So I just assisted his motion my dropping my arm which he had quite the grip on. This causes Piggy to fall and roll forward slamming himself into the mat. Picture perfect aikido if I ever saw it. Too bad it was judo class.
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

Posted On:
    3/12/2006 7:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fuckin wanker who wrote this post clearly has no idea what he speaks of. The manner in which he speaks just oozes arrogance. I doubt the smirks od superiorty he spoke of were more then reminising (how the **** do you spell it?) "ahhh, i remember when i had my first lesson" or something along those lines.

Anyway, just a few words, PISS **** **** ****....sorry, just come to bullshido after a few months on MAP...damn its GOOOD to speak my mind! :D
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast