• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 1:09am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    . Kempo schools on Long Island are all varied and they def depend on the instructor. I visited 7-8 and actually trained at 3. But if its Shaolin Kempo Karate its probally all geared towards kiddies now. Ingargiolas though enters kickboxing tournys. Not only his students but he fought as well. They should be good. USSD & White Tiger target kids like they were taekwondo. Shaolin Self Defense Centers are the ones led by Ingargiola. Never trained there but seen one school and is probally the best bet.

SPECIAL NOTE TO LI GUY 1: SUCK MY BALLS!!! :homo:

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 2:18am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where the hell are you two from and where do you guys train?

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 9:46am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ummm youre asking me and LI GUY 1 ojgsxr6? Well I train BJJ in Lake Ronkonkoma. Have been there for about 3 months. I also go to a 24hr gym in Patchogue to use the bags. Before this I trained at United Studios for 3 yrs.
    LI Guy 1 is doing the same cause Im pretty sure that my brother could be wrong though.

Old School DM

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 10:25am

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only thing deadlier than Shaolin Kempo Karate is Muay Silat Escrima Do. Its not only too deadly to spar, its too deadly to teach and is therefore in danger of extinction as its only practitioner is getting pretty old.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 10:51am

Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by badsifu
    I don't know much about the bad schools, but I am sure there are plenty - especially in a well populated area like New York.
    I dream of finding the time to do a school by school background and quality check on the various locations in NYC alone. It is such an uneven mix of highly qualified and skilled teachers to total nutcases that someone has to start sorting it out..

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 11:46am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ugh....Villari's...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 11:49am

Style: JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is priceless, this is their congradulations to their new black belts from their last BB testing...muhahahaha.

Give me some money and I'll give you a certificate, YEAH!

And if that wasn't enough here is your crappling.

Foam Chuks, oh it just gets better...
    http://vsdny.com/images/IMG_0264.JPG

And what dojo is complete without birthday parties!
    Villari's offers a number of birthday packages to help make your birthday party the "talked about" event amongst your friends!

Each party includes but is not limited to:
    Karate Fun Activities & Games
    Birthday Invitations
    Paper Goods
    Last edited by ItOnlyHurtsOnce; 3/09/2006 12:12pm at .

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 12:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If a MA school offers kids classes, what's wrong with B-Day parties? Just another form of revenue for the school, and the kids have fun. Something wrong with that?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 1:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahhhhh, Fred Villari and the "Kempo wars"........growing up in central Massachusetts back in the 80's I studied Kempo/Kenpo, not the Villari version, or the Parker version, but the Nick Cerio version.

In hindsight, the training was really no different than most TKD McDojo's in that the techniques were useless in reality, the point sparring was......well.......point sparring, the kata...ugh, and if you made it to blue through black belt (back ion the day the order went White, orange, yellow, purple, blue, green, brown, black) you were lucky enough to learn a weapons form and maybe, just maybe, you could put it to music and do your best Kevin Bacon, Footloose, with kama's at the next tournament.

Anyway, there always seemed to be a tinge of animosity between the Cerio and Villari schools. We were told that Villari belts couldn't hold a candle to similar Cerio belts and then we would point spar to the death.

Skip the crap-fu and go with something useful in the real world...unless you are 9 years old and just need to build your confidence.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 1:39pm

Style: JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Depends on what they do, but overall, I would say...yeah... I think its just another way to whore out your artform to try to make a couple $$$'s

But if they are getting good quality training (pin the shuriken on the ninja and playing with foam chuks do not qualify as quality training). Then so much the merrier.

I have nothing to go on but the text and photos on the site, but to me looks horrible.
    Your milage may vary. It could be a great school that just portrays itself as a McDojo on the net; but I have my doubts.

Oh and since most of their BBs look between the ages of 5 and 6, how long could they have been training? Or are those just B-day party blackbelts, show up to the party, play some games, pay some money go home with a BB certificate?
    Last edited by ItOnlyHurtsOnce; 3/09/2006 1:42pm at .
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast