Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

XMA!

So I was cleaning out my old bookmarks and came across this

http://fusionjmj.com/

Now, I first thought, WTF is an XMA site doing in my bookmarks, so I clicked on the videos and watched a few. Then I remembered, oh **** this is entertaining. After watching UFC and Pride alot lately I forgot how entertaining an XMA fight really is. A suspision of reality type of thing.

So isn't this why XMA was invented. I never seen XMAers claiming to be "too d34dly." There stuff is invented to be showy. I don't see the real problem with it.

I am not really looking for an response as much I just wanted to post the link. However, I felt an explaination was due of why I am posting a XMA link.

Style
    MMA Noob
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to be entertained with the flashiness of some martial arts, its amazing. It is cool to watch. I used to try it a little but then I decided I wanted to learn to fight instead.

Style
    Karate, Sadism, Violence.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah..XMA. Basically Larp Martix style. Very entertaining to watch. The good part of me wishes the team well. They are staying fit, and having fun at the same time. Some of that looked really cool.

The bad part of me wants to beat them all down with out mercy, while screaming "YOUR PAIN SUSTAINS ME!"

**pops another prozac**

and good morning to you too supporting member
    Style
    MT/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think they should replace the mens olympic gymnastics with XMA.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe Seraphim should change his name to something more appropriate like, oh, fiend or hellion. :p

XMA has its place. So long as people recognize this place, everyone will be happy.

A friend of mine does XMA demos on occasion. He can bust out flips, spin kicks, somersaults, and all sorts of other goofy techniques.

He also instructs Krav Maga, Thai boxes, and practices BJJ with me. He enjoys XMA on occasion because he considers it a killer work-out and a demonstration of athletic prowess, but also recognizes that he'll likely get his ass kicked if he relies solely on that for self-defense/self-improvement.

Style
    In Transition
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    So isn't this why XMA was invented. I never seen XMAers claiming to be "too d34dly." There stuff is invented to be showy. I don't see the real problem with it.
    The real problem with it is that it still has "MA" in it's name. I don't call soccer "Ball Martial Arts", because even though kicking can be used for fighting, that's not it's intended purpose in soccer.

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    The real problem with it is that it still has "MA" in it's name. I don't call soccer "Ball Martial Arts", because even though kicking can be used for fighting, that's not it's intended purpose in soccer.

Thats a good point. I guess eXtreme Dance or something would be more apropriate.

Style
    FBSD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it was REALLY extreme martial arts, they'd do those fancy flip kicks and stuff, only there'd be condemned prisoners or something, getting their heads kicked off.

EXTREME!
    :new_all_c