Sponsored Links Spacer Image

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 11:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No you didn't know what an Aikibunny is. Otherwise you wouldn't have said anything. That is my Aikido experience. My Aikido experience is that I was in a cult for 4 months and I didn't know it. After I figured it out shortly aftert I LEFT. You don't get to call anyone an armchair expert unless you show some credentials. Mouthboxer. An abourtion? Why am I still alive and tlaking to you then?

BTW, change your style field to the styles you are currently studying. MMA could be anything.

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 11:22pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    How can I explain this. It's not the full contact matches thats bad about boxing. It's that you have to constantly have your head bashed in to get anywhere in it. Other styles train you to fight but you don't have to worry about problems you would have with your brain like you would with boxing.
    You can still train in boxing while (get this) wearing head protection.

wow. I am...a... genius.

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 11:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LMAO... whatever you say, your right, mma could mean anything, and I can still call you an armchair expert... my credentials??? HA, what will you demand next , a letter of apology?. somebody said your remarks on boxing sounded aikibunny, my point was, they don't sound aikibunny seeing as how they are coming from a kid with NO MA experience as opposed from somebody with only aikido experience which you don't even have. Like I said, go train it will do you good, you can talk **** whether you train or not.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 11:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAB MY WRIST
    Give credit where credit due. Western Boxing is the superb art of fist cuff, there is no denying it. If I were to go toe-on-toe and try to out-box a boxer, I don't have the confident to out-box a trained boxer. Similarly, aikido works best at its given scenario. As the saying goes..."don't try to box a boxer and ... "

With respect with cross training... nobody will say it is a bad thing. It is only limited by the amount of available leisure time one has, and amount of available extra cash one has. If you have both by all means go ahead.

Goju-Joe, I am interested in your last statement, i.e, Could you please elaborate more?
    Look at a boxers stance. Crouched low and hunched up, this keeps their centre of gravity low. Look how a boxer throws punches, using their hip rotation to give their jabs and hooks power with out over commiting. Look how a good boxer throwers jack hammer like jabs that go in and out quickly.

Of all the MA's out there I think boxing would give Aikido the most prblems. In that a 1 year boxer would probably beat on a 20 year Aikido veteran who has never cross trained.

There's no chance of getting in a kote geshi (my japanees is really rusty) Sankyo or Shi ho nage type of throws because their in and out movements for strikes is too quick to trap and redirect.

Also trying to parry and cut angles for step and throw techniques won't work on a boxer because of their low hunched up stances and bob and weave techniques.

I did Yoshinkai Aikido for over 4 years and was close to getting a brown belt in it. And I never had a sense that I could deal with a jab.

Plus the basic Kamai stance leaves yor head open and makes your body too upright and open to those powerfull super quick jabs.

Then add in their foot work and quick in and out movements with the jabs and yor fucked.

Pure Aikido (no cross training) will leave you flailing trying to rotate and cut angles on the boxer trying to trap their arms or hands for some type of throw while exposing your head in the mean time.

When I started doing other stuff with more realistic sparing I found this to be the case.

A good boxer would not give you enough energy so to speak to turn against him.

Now if you start adapting your Aikido stance to more of a boxer stance and start keeping your hands up and learn to throw jabs as well, and Aikido practioner stands a better chance of frusterating a boxer and getting them to do something they can capitalize on.

If someone who only ever studies Aikido asked me which one other MA they should train in that would help them the most I would recommend boxing before anything else.

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 11:40pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OH I'm sorry, maybe daddy doesn't want to pay for it and you have to get a real job before you can start training somewhere else.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 12:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh this thread definitley sucks I'm doing internet randori against people with 5 posts. Most people ignore newbie's comments for a reason. They should call me the newbie entertainer. I should just go look at the Segall juice thread.

Mixed Martial arts isn't a style. I asked for your martial arts experience. In bullshido you either put up or shut up. A kid with no martial arts experience? Do you know who Wataru Akiyama is. Sorry that **** doesn't work here mouth boxer. There are people here who can bury you and me both in the amount of experience they have.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 6:54am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If someone will pass out some stuffed animals in the playpen. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    You can still train in boxing while (get this) wearing head protection.
    Yeah, but that will not prevent head injury though it may lessen it. As with all things, it is a matter of degree. I am unaware of amature boxers and/or those who wear head protection with shorter matches and closer refereeing suffering the long-term damage expected of professional boxing. Of course, the "point" of such boxing is to score points--even if they are "hard points" rather than "tag!"--rather than knock-out the opponent potentially. Also, martial artists are probably more interested in learning the techniques rather than trying to pound in someone else's head.

Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe
    Look at a boxers stance. Crouched low and hunched up, this keeps their centre of gravity low. Look how a boxer throws punches, using their hip rotation to give their jabs and hooks power with out over commiting. Look how a good boxer throwers jack hammer like jabs that go in and out quickly.
    Indeed, indeed, indeed.

In fact . . . if you look at the basic sanchin position from a body mechanics standpoint--rather than a "sit here and be IMMOVABLE!" misconception--it is close to a bare-knuckle boxer's stance. BKBs keep their fists just a bit further out than a boxer because they do not have the larger "mits" to protect themselves with.

--J.D.
    Last edited by Doctor X; 3/17/2006 6:57am at .

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 7:07am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Coydog, are you one of the Aikidoka from Mr. Jones' previous gym? You obvious hard-on for him begs the question. Please either update or qualify your Style Field. Where do you study?

Mr. Jones, don't feed the [non-funny] trolls.

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 8:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    My god the threads suck right now. not even any good flame wars to jump in on. No trolls, no real name calling...Aikido v TKD does not count. Oh this is misserable.
    Sorry you don't think I'm funny LOCU5, JUst thought I'd see how easy it was to get Mr.Jones fired up, it's touching to see you come to his defense. I train primarily jiu-jitsu, I won't mention my instructors while I'm being a flaming name calling troll, they just might ask me to write a letter of apology to bullshido LOL but rest easy, I've never set foot in his old dojo or even been to dallas for that matter.
    Mr.Jones... what does wataru akiyama have to do with you? Is he you? I never said there weren't skilled martial artists posting here, just that you weren't one of them.
    Anyway, your right wagamichi, the threads do suck now so I think I'll just shut up and slip back into lurker mode.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    3/18/2006 10:35am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fantastic, thanks. Troll on.