Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 1:31am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    I didn't say full contact was bad. Other styles of fighting like Kyokushin compete full contact but they don't bash each other's brains in.
    Right, so boxing sucks because they fight full contact with punching to the head allowed? Still sounds like aikibunny faggotry to me.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 1:41am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dementia pugilistica seems something to avoid.

That does not mean one cannot box a bit more safely than competitive professional boxing.

--J.D.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 1:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How can I explain this. It's not the full contact matches thats bad about boxing. It's that you have to constantly have your head bashed in to get anywhere in it. Other styles train you to fight but you don't have to worry about problems you would have with your brain like you would with boxing.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 6:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    How can I explain this. It's not the full contact matches thats bad about boxing. It's that you have to constantly have your head bashed in to get anywhere in it. Other styles train you to fight but you don't have to worry about problems you would have with your brain like you would with boxing.
    I kind of agree here, boxing always seemed a little like the carefully calculated ideal way to do maximum possible brain injury. I hope one day to fight MMA, but I don't think I'd ever box. Not that I don't have ultimate respect for boxing and boxers mind you.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 11:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't one of the points about boxing learning to duck, weave and slip punches - so you DON'T get hit in the head.

The little bit of boxing I have done has been instrumental in learning the secret art of Not getting hit in the head. And I would say to anybody, especially Aikidoka to do some cross training in boxing.

The basic Aikido stances and movement are an open invitation for a boxer to jab the crap out of you. It is one of the main reasons I stoped Aikido.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 4:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One can only bob and weeve so much. However, it remains a useful skill in The Street [Tm.--Ed.] where, presummably, you will not stand toe-to-toe fighting with Mongo the Merciless for fifteen rounds. . . .

--J.D.

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 9:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    mr.jones can't even claim aikibunny status, what's he got 4 months aikido training total? and now he's gonna tell us what time it is for other MA styles as well?
    MY advice? go find an instructor that tells you to shut the F up and train.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 10:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by coydog
    mr.jones can't even claim aikibunny status, what's he got 4 months aikido training total? and now he's gonna tell us what time it is for other MA styles as well?
    MY advice? go find an instructor that tells you to shut the F up and train.
    Aikibunny is a online degratory term that comes from Koryu bunnies. So saying I can't even claim Aikibunny status isn't a complement. You know there are people here who train 4 hours a day and still find time to talk **** online. So don't use that shut the **** up and train crap. Oh and STFU Noob.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 10:57pm

Style: Jabs & Cross Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    Isn't one of the points about boxing learning to duck, weave and slip punches - so you DON'T get hit in the head.

The little bit of boxing I have done has been instrumental in learning the secret art of Not getting hit in the head. And I would say to anybody, especially Aikidoka to do some cross training in boxing.
    Give credit where credit due. Western Boxing is the superb art of fist cuff, there is no denying it. If I were to go toe-on-toe and try to out-box a boxer, I don't have the confident to out-box a trained boxer. Similarly, aikido works best at its given scenario. As the saying goes..."don't try to box a boxer and ... "

With respect with cross training... nobody will say it is a bad thing. It is only limited by the amount of available leisure time one has, and amount of available extra cash one has. If you have both by all means go ahead.

Goju-Joe, I am interested in your last statement, i.e,
    The basic Aikido stances and movement are an open invitation for a boxer to jab the crap out of you. It is one of the main reasons I stoped Aikido
    Could you please elaborate more?

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 10:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    awwwwww poor baby , did i hurt your feelings? I know what an aiki bunny is. My point is your an inexperienced kid who trained aikido for 4 months and managed to get booted out, and that pretty much wraps up your MA experience. As far as koryu or western boxing or whatever your an armchair expert with zero practical experience. Are you training 4 hours a day? speak for yourself please. now if somebody called you an aikibunny abortion...
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91516171819 20212223 ... LastLast