Page 19 of 24 First ... 9151617181920212223 ... Last
  1. #181
    Torakaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,642
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    I didn't say full contact was bad. Other styles of fighting like Kyokushin compete full contact but they don't bash each other's brains in.
    Right, so boxing sucks because they fight full contact with punching to the head allowed? Still sounds like aikibunny faggotry to me.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

  2. #182
    ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM Bullshido Newbie
    Doctor X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,380
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dementia pugilistica seems something to avoid.

    That does not mean one cannot box a bit more safely than competitive professional boxing.

    --J.D.

  3. #183
    Mr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,309
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How can I explain this. It's not the full contact matches thats bad about boxing. It's that you have to constantly have your head bashed in to get anywhere in it. Other styles train you to fight but you don't have to worry about problems you would have with your brain like you would with boxing.

  4. #184
    PointyShinyBurn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,220
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    How can I explain this. It's not the full contact matches thats bad about boxing. It's that you have to constantly have your head bashed in to get anywhere in it. Other styles train you to fight but you don't have to worry about problems you would have with your brain like you would with boxing.
    I kind of agree here, boxing always seemed a little like the carefully calculated ideal way to do maximum possible brain injury. I hope one day to fight MMA, but I don't think I'd ever box. Not that I don't have ultimate respect for boxing and boxers mind you.

  5. #185
    I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it Join us... or die
    Goju - Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,857
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't one of the points about boxing learning to duck, weave and slip punches - so you DON'T get hit in the head.

    The little bit of boxing I have done has been instrumental in learning the secret art of Not getting hit in the head. And I would say to anybody, especially Aikidoka to do some cross training in boxing.

    The basic Aikido stances and movement are an open invitation for a boxer to jab the crap out of you. It is one of the main reasons I stoped Aikido.

  6. #186
    ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM Bullshido Newbie
    Doctor X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,380
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One can only bob and weeve so much. However, it remains a useful skill in The Street [Tm.--Ed.] where, presummably, you will not stand toe-to-toe fighting with Mongo the Merciless for fifteen rounds. . . .

    --J.D.

  7. #187

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    mr.jones can't even claim aikibunny status, what's he got 4 months aikido training total? and now he's gonna tell us what time it is for other MA styles as well?
    MY advice? go find an instructor that tells you to shut the F up and train.

  8. #188
    Mr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,309
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by coydog
    mr.jones can't even claim aikibunny status, what's he got 4 months aikido training total? and now he's gonna tell us what time it is for other MA styles as well?
    MY advice? go find an instructor that tells you to shut the F up and train.
    Aikibunny is a online degratory term that comes from Koryu bunnies. So saying I can't even claim Aikibunny status isn't a complement. You know there are people here who train 4 hours a day and still find time to talk **** online. So don't use that shut the **** up and train crap. Oh and STFU Noob.

  9. #189

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    702
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    Isn't one of the points about boxing learning to duck, weave and slip punches - so you DON'T get hit in the head.

    The little bit of boxing I have done has been instrumental in learning the secret art of Not getting hit in the head. And I would say to anybody, especially Aikidoka to do some cross training in boxing.
    Give credit where credit due. Western Boxing is the superb art of fist cuff, there is no denying it. If I were to go toe-on-toe and try to out-box a boxer, I don't have the confident to out-box a trained boxer. Similarly, aikido works best at its given scenario. As the saying goes..."don't try to box a boxer and ... "

    With respect with cross training... nobody will say it is a bad thing. It is only limited by the amount of available leisure time one has, and amount of available extra cash one has. If you have both by all means go ahead.

    Goju-Joe, I am interested in your last statement, i.e,
    The basic Aikido stances and movement are an open invitation for a boxer to jab the crap out of you. It is one of the main reasons I stoped Aikido
    Could you please elaborate more?

  10. #190

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    awwwwww poor baby , did i hurt your feelings? I know what an aiki bunny is. My point is your an inexperienced kid who trained aikido for 4 months and managed to get booted out, and that pretty much wraps up your MA experience. As far as koryu or western boxing or whatever your an armchair expert with zero practical experience. Are you training 4 hours a day? speak for yourself please. now if somebody called you an aikibunny abortion...

Page 19 of 24 First ... 9151617181920212223 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO