Sponsored Links Spacer Image

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    3/15/2006 4:01am

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GMW what is your user name on AIkiweb. Are you from Malysia?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2006 11:09pm

Style: Jabs & Cross Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    GMW what is your user name on AIkiweb. Are you from Malysia?
    No, Mr Jones. GMW is not a registered member of Aikiweb nor is GMW from Malaysia. Why does Mr Jones say so? GMW is curious.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    3/15/2006 11:19pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was certain you were the greatest poster on Aikiweb.
    http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/member.php?u=4067

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    3/15/2006 11:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GMW please stop refering to yourself in the third person

GoJu-Joe finds it creepy

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 12:29am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doctor X agrees.

--J.D.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 1:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To Doctor X and Goju - Joe,

Sorry guys, did not meant to creep you guys out. It was a couple of days ago, during lunch time break, I lurked around a bit and the posts made by Mr. Jones caught my attention. So I decided to join in the fun and practice some verbal randori. I don't usually post in forums, I mainly remain in lurk mode across the various martial forums.

Nice to make your acquaintance.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 1:12am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boxing sucks because they get socked in the head so many times and they get brain damage. MMA doesn't suck becuase it isn't a style.
    So the style of boxing sucks because boxers actually compete in full contact matches? Words of a true aiki-bunny.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 1:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was certain you were the greatest poster on Aikiweb.
    http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/member.php?u=4067
    Mr Jones, for the last time, let me say to you up front I am not Xu Wenfung or whoever you think I am. I told you in my previous post, there is no need to PM me asking about this issue again. My public profile contains all the necessary information I can divulge in a public forum. So don't ask me to verify my identity.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 1:27am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    So the style of boxing sucks because boxers actually compete in full contact matches? Words of a true aiki-bunny.
    I didn't say full contact was bad. Other styles of fighting like Kyokushin compete full contact but they don't bash each other's brains in.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 1:28am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No problemo . . . I am new here as well.

You would not know this, but on a few boards I [Infest--Ed.] post on the real nut-jobs tend to post "in the third person." When I mean "nut-jobs" I mean the types that think, seriously, the Moon landing did not happen, 9/11 did not happen, the Earth is 10,000 years old, the Holocaust did not happen, and they can cure you with "psychic energy" if you put your face against the screen!

Not to write about Mr. Jones--thought for sure Dylan did that song before the Talking Heads, but what do I know--when he is not around, but it seems to me he has a legitimate complaint about his school, he left, and that is that. People who leave a "system," be it a martial art, religion, or whathaveyou tend to be a bit sensitive to the apologies made for said system.

Separate a system from "mumbo jumbo" and you have a "tool." Depending on how one works with the tool, it will either be useful or not. Fair or not, Aikido has become a religion of sorts for many people. This does not mean others cannot find useful elements in it, but I will be frank that I find Ueshiba's staged photos very distasteful--he is selling something as a martial art with them no matter what quotes are legitimate or attributed to him to the contrary. It is the same as any practitioner "selling" his art with staged pictures described HERE--students "flying away" from a kick, breaking pre-cut blocks of ice, et cetera ad nauseum. Ueshiba should have been aware that people would look at such and believe it.

Yet that does not utterly "poison" Aikido. Just because some or many do not practice it martially does not mean one cannot. However, how someone is taught will determine a great deal how he will learn, unless he is a walking "natural" and a "genius." For example, if I walked into a "soft" BJJ school with yielding participants, I might imagine myself good . . . until I walk into a serious school. I would hope I would recognize at the onset that "this is utterly unrealistic" but I only know that from my previous experience. Since "soft" and "magical" is more marketable, too many beginners find such and become convinced of effectiveness.

To put it another [Longwinded--Ed.] way, if I first walked into a "ki" type Aikido dojo back when I were a lad, I would have believed it. I would have bought the package. I would have made excuses for its martial ability because I would have known nothing else. If I got my butt handed to me in a Real Street Fight [Tm.--Ed.] who knows? Would I have woken up, or would I have made excuses like any True Believer?

Or maybe I would have walked into a serious dojo with proper sparing/randori and a more realistic attitude. The problem is there is more of the former than the later. Such can happen to any discipline potentially.

--J.D.
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81415161718 19202122 ... LastLast