223831 Bullies, 3874 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 151 to 160 of 231
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 17181920 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. GRAB MY WRIST is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    702

    Posted On:
    3/13/2006 11:05pm


     Style: Jabs & Cross Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote
    ...<snip>...Last, I would like to point out that this is Aikido Sucks Month, and making fun of Aikido/Aikidoka is part of what makes this time of year so special. It is nearly compulsory...<snip>...
    So when is the MMA / Boxing / Wrestling suck month?
  2. Mr. Jones is offline
    Mr. Jones's Avatar

    resident sick ****

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,309

    Posted On:
    3/13/2006 11:14pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAB MY WRIST
    So when is the MMA / Boxing / Wrestling suck month?
    MMA isn't a style. I guess they could have a boxers are stupid month and BJJ and wrestling is gay month.
  3. BSONE is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    161

    Posted On:
    3/13/2006 11:16pm


     Style: ASU Aikido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote
    Last, I would like to point out that this is Aikido Sucks Month, and making fun of Aikido/Aikidoka is part of what makes this time of year so special. It is nearly compulsory. I may be a punk kid, and you may have been training more years than I have been alive, but I have never been to the hospital for fight related injuries, and have never been knocked out. Given time, I may be forced to visit the hospital or get knocked out as much as you, but until then, I am no match for your greatness.
    I can tell you about aikido sucking. I've watched it for 15 years. Just this last weekend, I had a guy ask to test for san-dan after being away from the dojo for 10 years, and comeing back in february of this year. He has no stamina, and is as weak as a boy. Basically he wanted to test with three weeks notice and training.
  4. Mr. Jones is offline
    Mr. Jones's Avatar

    resident sick ****

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,309

    Posted On:
    3/13/2006 11:20pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BSONE
    I can tell you about aikido sucking. I've watched it for 15 years. Just this last weekend, I had a guy ask to test for san-dan after being away from the dojo for 10 years, and comeing back in february of this year. He has no stamina, and is as weak as a boy. Basically he wanted to test with three weeks notice and training.
    This type of response is innapropiate for bullshido.
  5. BSONE is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    161

    Posted On:
    3/13/2006 11:24pm


     Style: ASU Aikido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    This type of response is innapropiate for bullshido.

    Why? Say more.
  6. Mr. Jones is offline
    Mr. Jones's Avatar

    resident sick ****

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,309

    Posted On:
    3/13/2006 11:31pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are better examples of how someone sucks than failing a katas test. That guy is more idiotic than anything else.
  7. Doctor X is offline
    Doctor X's Avatar

    ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,383

    Posted On:
    3/13/2006 11:33pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lifts head over the battlements . . .

    The easiest dan tests are for those who ask to test: they automatically fail.

    One is invited to test based on one's skills.

    . . . ducks back under. . . .

    --J.D.
  8. BSONE is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    161

    Posted On:
    3/13/2006 11:37pm


     Style: ASU Aikido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    There are better examples of how someone sucks than failing a katas test. That guy is more idiotic than anything else.

    He didnt fail the test, he was told not to test.
  9. BSONE is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    161

    Posted On:
    3/13/2006 11:40pm


     Style: ASU Aikido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor X
    Lifts head over the battlements . . .

    The easiest dan tests are for those who ask to test: they automatically fail.

    One is invited to test based on one's skills.

    . . . ducks back under. . . .

    --J.D.

    J.D. is this a quote or is this J.D.
  10. Doctor X is offline
    Doctor X's Avatar

    ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,383

    Posted On:
    3/13/2006 11:46pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cest moi! [He knows no French.--Ed.]

    Anyways, I do not know how it works for Judo or, say, BJJ--perhaps someone can enlighten--but generally your teacher tells you that you should test, and then one goes before a board. To request a test is very unseemly.

    Reality works differently, of course. Nevertheless, when practitioners claim that "rank means nothing!" but then ask for rank. . . .

    --J.D.
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 17181920 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.