Page 13 of 24 First ... 39101112131415161723 ... Last
  1. #121
    ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM Bullshido Newbie
    Doctor X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,380
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    Doctor X this message is hard for me to understand.
    If you had the True Secrets--available for with 17 easy payments of the low price of $399.95. . . .

    I thought it was mentioned up there, somewhere, that your name came from a Bob Dylan song. A teacher tormented me by playing this song during stretching.

    Now it is stuck in my head.

    Right . . . what is the topic about?

    --J.D.

  2. #122

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    702
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    You know a stupid name like Grab My Wrist doesn't help to change peoples opinion on AIkido.
    You don't think GRAB MY WRIST is a good name, no? GMW puts on a French Pout and sulk.

    Anyway, I am not so interested at changing bullshido forumer's opinion on aikido; their opinions are already set in stone. I am here more for fun discussion and to clear up some misunderstanding as I go along.

    Mr. Jones should not be so hostile; Mr Jones has bad experience with aikido, yes?

    Poor Mr Jones should not think that everyone who does aikido wants to convert all sceptics to be true believer over the internet. We do the conversion physically under the penalty of PAIN.

  3. #123
    Mr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,309
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You will not change anyone's misunderstandings about Aikido unless you go to a throw down. You're not sacbre3 are you?
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ghlight=AIkido

  4. #124

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    281
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAB MY WRIST
    Just my curiousity people. For those sceptical towards aikido in general, did you make the conclusion from staying at the sidelines as a spectator or did you people came to a conclusion after taking falls and ukemi from some of the top teachers of the style?
    I did so after working out with some Aikido practitioners. They could do some neat stuff when they said "come at me like this and attack me this way". It was fun and interesting (but so is dancing). But they were unable to translate it well to a free-sparring environment. I have never found videos of Aikido being used effectively in such a fashion. If you have some, please post it. I am willing to watch.

  5. #125

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    702
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    You will not change anyone's misunderstandings about Aikido unless you go to a throw down. You're not sacbre3 are you?
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ghlight=AIkido
    Mr Jones, and why is that so? I am not Sacbre3. Please give me sometime to read the post you link above... 17 pages is a lot to read.

  6. #126
    ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM Bullshido Newbie
    Doctor X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,380
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reading through that thread . . . all I can say is "Wow!"

    Katsujinken does not represent Aikido well at all . . . or perhaps he does too well. He writes like a cult-member. Reminds me of psychics who claim all sorts of miracles yet, for some reason, refuse to demonstrate them.

    Sad.

    --J.D.

  7. #127
    Mr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,309
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakshow
    I did so after working out with some Aikido practitioners. They could do some neat stuff when they said "come at me like this and attack me this way". It was fun and interesting (but so is dancing). But they were unable to translate it well to a free-sparring environment. I have never found videos of Aikido being used effectively in such a fashion. If you have some, please post it. I am willing to watch.
    That's because the people you sparred with suck. Do you have any idea what Tomiki Aikido is? They have randori against a resisting opponent. However I know someone who does randori in his Tomiki based class and he sucks. He's been doing it for like 15 years and the guy next to him who's been doing in 9 years is better than him.

    I refuse to point another link to those videos. Welcome to bullshido uber noob. Try the search function next time before you say something.

  8. #128
    Mr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,309
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAB MY WRIST
    Mr Jones, and why is that so? I am not Sacbre3. Please give me sometime to read the post you link above... 17 pages is a lot to read.
    Lazyness will not be tolerated.

  9. #129
    Tenebrous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,409
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAB MY WRIST
    Mr. Jones should not be so hostile; Mr Jones has bad experience with aikido, yes?
    I've been snickering at this myself. Defender of Teh R34l Aikido right up until he gets burned by his school. Then look at his posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by GRAB MY WRIST
    Poor Mr Jones should not think that everyone who does aikido wants to convert all sceptics to be true believer over the internet. We do the conversion physically under the penalty of PAIN.
    Then again, this makes me snicker too.

  10. #130

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    281
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    That's because the people you sparred with suck.
    That is of course a definate possibility. But it is also not the only Aikido I have seen.

    Do you have any idea what Tomiki Aikido is? They have randori against a resisting opponent.
    What percentage of the world's Aikido stylists study Tomiki Aikido?

    I refuse to point another link to those videos. Welcome to bullshido uber noob. Try the search function next time before you say something.
    Thanks for the tip. But I just remembered, I generally don't do what others tell me.

    I of course would use the search function before posting something like "HEY LOOK A THIS, LOL, YOU GUYS EVER HEAR OF THIS ASHIDA KIM GUY BEFORE?" But I'm not going to search before I make every single post. Sorry. Late. Tired. Long day. In the time that it took you to bitch, you could have just posted a link. How about that, eh?

Page 13 of 24 First ... 39101112131415161723 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO