ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    3/12/2006 11:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    Doctor X this message is hard for me to understand.
    If you had the True Secrets--available for with 17 easy payments of the low price of $399.95. . . .

I thought it was mentioned up there, somewhere, that your name came from a Bob Dylan song. A teacher tormented me by playing this song during stretching.

Now it is stuck in my head.

Right . . . what is the topic about?

--J.D.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2006 11:28pm

Style: Jabs & Cross Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know a stupid name like Grab My Wrist doesn't help to change peoples opinion on AIkido.
    You don't think GRAB MY WRIST is a good name, no? GMW puts on a French Pout and sulk.

Anyway, I am not so interested at changing bullshido forumer's opinion on aikido; their opinions are already set in stone. I am here more for fun discussion and to clear up some misunderstanding as I go along.

Mr. Jones should not be so hostile; Mr Jones has bad experience with aikido, yes?

Poor Mr Jones should not think that everyone who does aikido wants to convert all sceptics to be true believer over the internet. We do the conversion physically under the penalty of PAIN.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    3/12/2006 11:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You will not change anyone's misunderstandings about Aikido unless you go to a throw down. You're not sacbre3 are you?
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ghlight=AIkido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2006 11:56pm

Style: Box, Kickbox, No-gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAB MY WRIST
    Just my curiousity people. For those sceptical towards aikido in general, did you make the conclusion from staying at the sidelines as a spectator or did you people came to a conclusion after taking falls and ukemi from some of the top teachers of the style?
    I did so after working out with some Aikido practitioners. They could do some neat stuff when they said "come at me like this and attack me this way". It was fun and interesting (but so is dancing). But they were unable to translate it well to a free-sparring environment. I have never found videos of Aikido being used effectively in such a fashion. If you have some, please post it. I am willing to watch.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2006 11:56pm

Style: Jabs & Cross Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You will not change anyone's misunderstandings about Aikido unless you go to a throw down. You're not sacbre3 are you?
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ghlight=AIkido
    Mr Jones, and why is that so? I am not Sacbre3. Please give me sometime to read the post you link above... 17 pages is a lot to read.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 12:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reading through that thread . . . all I can say is "Wow!"

Katsujinken does not represent Aikido well at all . . . or perhaps he does too well. He writes like a cult-member. Reminds me of psychics who claim all sorts of miracles yet, for some reason, refuse to demonstrate them.

Sad.

--J.D.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 12:47am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakshow
    I did so after working out with some Aikido practitioners. They could do some neat stuff when they said "come at me like this and attack me this way". It was fun and interesting (but so is dancing). But they were unable to translate it well to a free-sparring environment. I have never found videos of Aikido being used effectively in such a fashion. If you have some, please post it. I am willing to watch.
    That's because the people you sparred with suck. Do you have any idea what Tomiki Aikido is? They have randori against a resisting opponent. However I know someone who does randori in his Tomiki based class and he sucks. He's been doing it for like 15 years and the guy next to him who's been doing in 9 years is better than him.

I refuse to point another link to those videos. Welcome to bullshido uber noob. Try the search function next time before you say something.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 12:49am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr Jones, and why is that so? I am not Sacbre3. Please give me sometime to read the post you link above... 17 pages is a lot to read.
    Lazyness will not be tolerated.

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 1:03am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Jones should not be so hostile; Mr Jones has bad experience with aikido, yes?
    I've been snickering at this myself. Defender of Teh R34l Aikido right up until he gets burned by his school. Then look at his posts.

Poor Mr Jones should not think that everyone who does aikido wants to convert all sceptics to be true believer over the internet. We do the conversion physically under the penalty of PAIN.
    Then again, this makes me snicker too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 1:05am

Style: Box, Kickbox, No-gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's because the people you sparred with suck.
    That is of course a definate possibility. But it is also not the only Aikido I have seen.

Do you have any idea what Tomiki Aikido is? They have randori against a resisting opponent.
    What percentage of the world's Aikido stylists study Tomiki Aikido?

I refuse to point another link to those videos. Welcome to bullshido uber noob. Try the search function next time before you say something.
    Thanks for the tip. But I just remembered, I generally don't do what others tell me.

I of course would use the search function before posting something like "HEY LOOK A THIS, LOL, YOU GUYS EVER HEAR OF THIS ASHIDA KIM GUY BEFORE?" But I'm not going to search before I make every single post. Sorry. Late. Tired. Long day. In the time that it took you to bitch, you could have just posted a link. How about that, eh?
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 1415161723 ... LastLast