Page 11 of 24 First ... 78910111213141521 ... Last
    ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM Bullshido Newbie
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All I know is practicing Jesus-Fu is a bad way to spend your Friday afternoon. . . .

--J.D.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A guy who used to do Ju Jitsu at the same dojo as me became convinced that the aikido he was also doing had to be superior due to all its nice coherent theoretical basis. Having done about a year of Ju Jitsu he gave it up and went off to train in aikido.

A few months later he told me he had just got into a bar fight and that he had just naturally used aikido as it was so much more intuitive than ju jitsu. I enquired as to the outcome. The guy was forced to admit that he had got utterly creamed by an untrained brawler, BUT STILL INSISTED THAT AIKIDO WAS MORE EFFECTIVE AS IT HAD BEEN HIS AUTOMATIC RESPONSE TO VIOLENCE. :lol:

You fight how you train.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, Aikido bashing month? lol

No time at this moment to ellaborate, but basically, if you haven't previous training in a martial art/sport or crosstrain, you won't learn how to figth training aikido only because the usual lack of aliveness in aikido classes.

If you have a "delivery system" you can integrate aikido techniques and principles in it to develope your own fighting style.

More to come, stay tuned :)
    Things about Jits: How do Armbar 2.0

Your RBSD Cannot Save You Now. supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    W...T...F...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote
    W...T...F...
    World Taekwondo Federation? I thought this was an aikido bashing thread?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffy bunny
    A guy who used to do Ju Jitsu at the same dojo as me became convinced that the aikido he was also doing had to be superior due to all its nice coherent theoretical basis. Having done about a year of Ju Jitsu he gave it up and went off to train in aikido.

A few months later he told me he had just got into a bar fight and that he had just naturally used aikido as it was so much more intuitive than ju jitsu. I enquired as to the outcome. The guy was forced to admit that he had got utterly creamed by an untrained brawler, BUT STILL INSISTED THAT AIKIDO WAS MORE EFFECTIVE AS IT HAD BEEN HIS AUTOMATIC RESPONSE TO VIOLENCE. :lol:

You fight how you train.
    The thing about aikido is that if you **** up, you MUST resort to grappling. You really only get a split second to make it work and if you find yourself struggling to execute a technique, you already fucked it up. Any aikidoka who say they don't need to crosstrain are just kidding themselves.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote
    W...T...F...
    You haven't met DCS before have you.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless Ukemi
    The thing about aikido is that if you **** up, you MUST resort to grappling. You really only get a split second to make it work and if you find yourself struggling to execute a technique, you already fucked it up. Any aikidoka who say they don't need to crosstrain are just kidding themselves.
    Wise words.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS
    Well, Aikido bashing month? lol

No time at this moment to ellaborate, but basically, if you haven't previous training in a martial art/sport or crosstrain, you won't learn how to figth training aikido only because the usual lack of aliveness in aikido classes.

If you have a "delivery system" you can integrate aikido techniques and principles in it to develope your own fighting style.

More to come, stay tuned :)
    Well said. Aikido is a great supplement, but if that's the only string in your bow, you're delusional.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Page 11 of 24 First ... 78910111213141521 ... Last