Page 11 of 24 First ... 78910111213141521 ... Last
  1. #101
    ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM Bullshido Newbie
    Doctor X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,380
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All I know is practicing Jesus-Fu is a bad way to spend your Friday afternoon. . . .

    --J.D.

  2. #102

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    7
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A guy who used to do Ju Jitsu at the same dojo as me became convinced that the aikido he was also doing had to be superior due to all its nice coherent theoretical basis. Having done about a year of Ju Jitsu he gave it up and went off to train in aikido.

    A few months later he told me he had just got into a bar fight and that he had just naturally used aikido as it was so much more intuitive than ju jitsu. I enquired as to the outcome. The guy was forced to admit that he had got utterly creamed by an untrained brawler, BUT STILL INSISTED THAT AIKIDO WAS MORE EFFECTIVE AS IT HAD BEEN HIS AUTOMATIC RESPONSE TO VIOLENCE. :lol:

    You fight how you train.

  3. #103
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,312
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, Aikido bashing month? lol

    No time at this moment to ellaborate, but basically, if you haven't previous training in a martial art/sport or crosstrain, you won't learn how to figth training aikido only because the usual lack of aliveness in aikido classes.

    If you have a "delivery system" you can integrate aikido techniques and principles in it to develope your own fighting style.

    More to come, stay tuned :)
    Things about Jits: How do Armbar 2.0

  4. #104
    Your RBSD Cannot Save You Now. supporting member
    Coyote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,190
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    W...T...F...

  5. #105
    Fearless Ukemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,837
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote
    W...T...F...
    World Taekwondo Federation? I thought this was an aikido bashing thread?

  6. #106
    Fearless Ukemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,837
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffy bunny
    A guy who used to do Ju Jitsu at the same dojo as me became convinced that the aikido he was also doing had to be superior due to all its nice coherent theoretical basis. Having done about a year of Ju Jitsu he gave it up and went off to train in aikido.

    A few months later he told me he had just got into a bar fight and that he had just naturally used aikido as it was so much more intuitive than ju jitsu. I enquired as to the outcome. The guy was forced to admit that he had got utterly creamed by an untrained brawler, BUT STILL INSISTED THAT AIKIDO WAS MORE EFFECTIVE AS IT HAD BEEN HIS AUTOMATIC RESPONSE TO VIOLENCE. :lol:

    You fight how you train.
    The thing about aikido is that if you **** up, you MUST resort to grappling. You really only get a split second to make it work and if you find yourself struggling to execute a technique, you already fucked it up. Any aikidoka who say they don't need to crosstrain are just kidding themselves.

  7. #107
    Mr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,309
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote
    W...T...F...
    You haven't met DCS before have you.

  8. #108

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    91
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless Ukemi
    The thing about aikido is that if you **** up, you MUST resort to grappling. You really only get a split second to make it work and if you find yourself struggling to execute a technique, you already fucked it up. Any aikidoka who say they don't need to crosstrain are just kidding themselves.
    Wise words.

  9. #109
    FredGarvinMP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    348
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS
    Well, Aikido bashing month? lol

    No time at this moment to ellaborate, but basically, if you haven't previous training in a martial art/sport or crosstrain, you won't learn how to figth training aikido only because the usual lack of aliveness in aikido classes.

    If you have a "delivery system" you can integrate aikido techniques and principles in it to develope your own fighting style.

    More to come, stay tuned :)
    Well said. Aikido is a great supplement, but if that's the only string in your bow, you're delusional.

  10. #110
    Virus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,966
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!



Page 11 of 24 First ... 78910111213141521 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO