Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456
    Style
    Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by punchingdummy
    Ahh yes, TBK has made the classic appeal to ignorance. If you don't have hard science to prove it, then it is clearly nonsense.
    That's not an appeal to ignorance, idiot. An appeal to ignorance has to do with burden of evidence. It's not the burden of the person who doubts claims that are not established as fact to disprove those claims. It's the burden of the claimants. So, if you think people have superpowers, YOU are the one that needs to give the evidence. Simply saying "science doesn't know it all" isn't evidence.

People like this are often, thoughout history, heard making bold statements such as "the world certainly is flat", "this relativity stuff is a bunch of esoteric bullshit" and "the patient will die if you cut his heart out and try to try to replace it with dead person's heart".
    WRONG. People who use critical thought are the ones who come up with new technologies, using science.. not pure speculation and hope. People like you, however, say "science doesn't know it all, therefore I think bigfoot is real."

As I've state before in this thread I am very skeptical about psychic claims - especially claims about remote viewing. However, there is a good deal of anectdotal evidence which supports the existence of a sixth sense. Research on these types of psychic abilities is worthy of consideration.
    There is a great deal of anecdotal evidence for many urban legends. However, these anecdotes have been shown to be unreliable and outright wrong in most cases. None of these anecdotes have been strengthened with scientific evidence.

Style
    BJJ/Vale Tudo, ex-Krav
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy named "The Amazing Randi" is a famous magician know for debunking psychics and being an overall skeptic ( I believe an article on this website mentions his name). There is also an episode of Penn and Teller's Bullshi(d) about them, and of course there is the South Park episode "Biggest Douche in the Universe."

Style
    Tae-Ninjitsu Mu Sool
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i like that Randy dude.......the one with him De-bunking that Televangelist Benny Hinn was classic

Style
    Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was Peter Popoff that he debunked with a radio scanner.

Benny Hinn is simply debunked based on describing the simple magic tricks Hinn tries to pass off as miracles from the gods..Did you know Casio is the god of watches?

Style
    Tae-Ninjitsu Mu Sool
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol.......gotcha

Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456