Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/15/2006 7:19pm

Style: gongfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair enough. It was just a suggestion for another option is all. Fair enough i guess I was thinking of someone else.

software engineer

Posted On:
    3/15/2006 8:39pm

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blooming lotus
    Fair enough. It was just a suggestion for another option is all. Fair enough i guess I was thinking of someone else.
    who else? "anti-shaoliners" have nothing to be anti about if you don't even claim to know the right person.

Posted On:
    3/15/2006 10:53pm

Style: gongfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :) :) ... lol . U stiill stalking me forum to forum?? I am deadset if I ever make to the US coming to either kick your ass or buy you a drink. ..
    You gotto know who i mean anyway. Who iis the monk that went out to Austin when XingHao split to Texas?? .... christ, I think old age is finally kicking in ...

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 12:38pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the spirit of trying to put as much actual information in the thread as possible, here's some more places I found locally(not neccesarily endorsing all of them)

http://www.awtk.us/

Local wing tsun place, one of emin botzepe's schools. As far as I can tell from research and a little asking around, his schools have a much higher than usual level of contact for a wing tsun place, with an emphasis on reducing the complexity and number of techniques to make it easier to train. In addition, the weapons training in latosa escrima seems to be used for what it's meant to be for(building speed and angling for empty hands applications, as opposed to "hey, weapons are cool!"). The style still isn't my thing, but the training methods seem to be somewhat grounded in the idea of actually fighting, so i won't actively warn you off.

http://www.bruceskoboxing.com/

This place, while not quite as awesome as Lord's, has a decent revolving 6 week pogram you can get in place of full membership(one class a week, 45 bucks every 6 weeks), so it looks like a cheap way to round out whatever other striking art you're taking with some live sparring and power hits.

Hopefully useful.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345