Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 10:18am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blooming lotus
    So anyway.. I reiterate... if u reeally want to up your grappling skill, check out the Austin monk . A. for satori ( speed developement based zen environmental awareness for the martial artist ) , B. practical applications, and also for when you do get close enough to clinch and aren't fast enough not to geeet clinched, some taichi/ wc for apps to get out of it asap that other arts aint gon give you.
    I'd like to meet this monk. If you remember or can find any more details about him, please post them or send me a PM.
    Shut the hell up and train.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 11:11am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by badsifu
    Whatever he is smokin should definately be illegal.
    It's him you want, leave the drugs out of this!

Seriously though, go box.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 12:01pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://dmag.us

Go there.
    --
    L.

Posted On:
    3/12/2006 3:33am

Style: gongfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look. reeeal;y. I don't give half a **** if aaany of u find and trainb and train with him and I also don't give a **** if u external maers wanna kid youurselves into whatever the **** reality your fantisizing....... all I said is that there is a guy, he's in Austin Texas , he's been training and teaching a loong time an he knows some martial **** that might help u out...call or dont .... I don care......

cheers.

software engineer

Posted On:
    3/12/2006 3:29pm

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look. reeeal;y. I don't give half a **** if aaany of u find and trainb and train with him and I also don't give a **** if u external maers wanna kid youurselves into whatever the **** reality your fantisizing....... all I said is that there is a guy, he's in Austin Texas , he's been training and teaching a loong time an he knows some martial **** that might help u out...call or dont .... I don care......

cheers.
    You didn't give his contact info, so we have no way of getting in touch with him.

Posted On:
    3/12/2006 5:48pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arahoushi
    http://dmag.us

Go there.

Seconded. One of my best friends goes there, and i would be doing so as well if it were not for schedule. Dereks kali skills are pretty top-notch, and between the MT for striking power, kali for speed and footwork, and mande muda silat for takedowns, he's more than equipped to produce a well-rounded fighter. He's also consistently attended and excelled at the Dog Brothers gatherings, which as far as i'm concerned=hella legit. One of his students is the little azn kid in the DBMA reality promo clip who knocks first guy senseless. So hearty endorsement here.

As said before, Vandry is also a super legit guy. Good competitive record, can kick your ass even though he's legally blind, and has been shot in the freaking head. I believe they teach some MT there as well, but a different instructor. Probably won't be as fun if you're looking for high-speed standup. He's also reallly close to you, distance-wise.
    http://www.austinbjj.com/

If you're more into the TMA stuff, then Tom Gohring's place might be worth looking into........it's definately not for me, though. Very low contact, but with high conditioning, know a lot of people who go there and say it's quite fun.....not my thing. http://www.taichitom.com/kungfu.html
    (warning, link may contain people in silly looking poses).

Guro Leslie Buck teaches Pekiti Tirsia Kali(primarily striking, heavy emphasis on footwork and angling, contains extensive unarmed and grappling as well as a very excellent blade curriculum), as well as Mande Muda Silat(he trained silat with the pak herman, same as derek). He's got an excellent grasp on both of his arts, willingness to scale contact to the comfort of the student, and has extensive feedback from training both phillipine and american marines in blade use and defense, as well as numerous local LEO's. I currently train with him and find class entirely satisfactory. If you're looking for something to streamline your striking game, I think you'll like PTK.
    http://www.centerofmartialarts.com/index2.htm
    www.texaskali.org

Not over zealous, but just zealous enough. 病気の粗悪品

Posted On:
    3/12/2006 9:04pm

Style: Okinawan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

cheers.

You type... strangely. I know this is off subject, but do you proofread what you type before you send it or do you intent for it to look like that? I mean I can't spell, and God knows I have typos, but some of your posts look really strange.
    People often tell me that I fail to see the gravity of the situation.
    I see the gravity, and I say...

Step right up folks and watch me defy gravity!

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 3:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeh .. I know. i sorry. no help. U maybe wanna sanwich or sumpn??.....

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 4:17am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stop being stupid right now. It's irritating.

If you mean the shaolin instructor to be a serious recommendation post more information on him.

Rhamma: Who is the man in marble falls you're refering to? PM me if you prefer (I used to spend summers in that area)
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 5:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was serious actually and I have been trying to find you some more information but unsuccessfully. I do think it's ShiYanFeng and that he's also running some taichi classes. If that help you out then I'm sorry.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast