3/20/2006 9:15am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Barefoot Dad Busts Teens After Chase

Barefoot Dad Busts Teens After Chase

Fri Mar 17, 8:20 PM ET

EAGAN, Minn. - Gerry Rodgers wasn't going to let himself become a burglary victim. When he heard two teenagers trying to break down his inside garage door, he jumped into his truck without a weapon, a cell phone, or even shoes and chased them down. He eventually forced the teens to call 911 on themselves.

In the process, police say, he may have busted up a group linked to 10 daytime burglaries in Eagan and Apply Valley.

"I'm surprised at what a can of worms this opened," said Rodgers. "We've lived here for 34 years and never had a problem. I'm sure there are a few other homeowners who are happy these kids were caught too."

Rodgers, 53, was sleeping on a recent Thursday afternoon before his night shift when his 20-year-old son heard two kids pounding on the front door and ringing the bell. The son woke his dad and ignored the doorbell because he didn't know the teens.

Later, Rodgers heard the suspects trying to break down his inside garage door. When he yelled at them, the teens took off in their pickup truck and Rodgers jumped into his truck and chased them onto Interstate 35E. He drove erratically and honked to catch the attention of other motorists. He said he just was trying to get a license plate number.

"As this is going on, people are calling police because it looks like a crazy road-rage thing," said Eagan police Detective Brian Gunderson.

When the teens stopped on the freeway's shoulder, Rodgers pulled in front of them. He said he was a police officer and ordered them out of their vehicle.

"So I get them out and there I am, standing in my bare feet wondering what I was going to do," he said.

He forced the teens to lie on the side of the road and demanded that one of them use his own cell phone to call 911. The youth complied and handed over the phone so Rodgers could talk to the dispatcher.

"I made them stay in front of the car, and I went to the back," Rodgers said. "Luckily the State Patrol and the Eagan police were there within two minutes."

The two teenagers, both 17-year-old males, were charged with multiple felony counts of first- and second-degree burglary, said Dakota County Attorney James Backstrom. Two other teens were being investigated.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060318/...N5bnN1YmNhdA--

Confidence goes a long way! :)
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

**** you math class

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 10:03am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 10:49am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it me, or does humanity seem to be getting stupider?

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 12:28pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is America. He will probably be sued for wrongfull use of a highway, theft of a cellphone, and impersonating a police officer.

The theives will, of course, get some counselling and probably a nice fat check from a civil suit.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 12:52pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    This is America. He will probably be sued for wrongfull use of a highway, theft of a cellphone, and impersonating a police officer.

The theives will, of course, get some counselling and probably a nice fat check from a civil suit.
    :llorar: It so true.

PS. I found my new smiley for when I tell n00bs to kill themselves:
    :seppuku:

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 1:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    Confidence goes a long way! :)