Posted On:
    3/13/2006 9:07am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait... so Phil is clueless?

WHO ELSE KNOWS?
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 9:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently a self defense situation isn't a competition. Lets see, there's a winner, and there's a loser. Sounds like a competition to me!

You think Phil's ever actually been in a real fight, ever? Because losing one of those is scary ****, and I get the feeling he wouldn't be so dismissive of training with aliveness if he had... When the stakes are that high you need to be confindent that your **** works.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 9:54am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no, he seriously hasn't. Not a fight or a controlled comp, as far as I know. You should see the threads on his forum about living a martialist lifestyle by being rude to waiters for unspecified rude actions and that sort of thing.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 8:18pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a flashlight-lover. I admit it, I even have an account at candlepowerforums.
    I won't deny that having a Mini Mag in your fist is a good thing to have when things get greasy. But just ask any of the 'flashaholics' on candlepower, even the ones that carry guns, know not to rely on the output of lights as weapons. I'd somewhat lay off Phil and his flashlights, if he hadn't recommended flashing the guy with them until they fall over. Ever hold a Surefire? They're little five inch lights, that can throw a beam about a hundred fifty feet. They range from thirty to a few hundred bucks, and many of them come in anodizing so tough that you can use them to saw through other flashlights. They last forever. A material that durable, it's not surprising they make a 'Defender' model with...spikes. How sublte.
    And yet the flashlight addicts plain out tell you, a five inch flashlight will not help you in a bar fight. Phil reviewed a few of these lights, and said their high output makes them great defensive tools.
    The things are capable of devouring lesser flashlights, they're built that tough, and he keeps right on with that 'blind the guy' theory. He's ignoring simple, instinctive logic when it comes to improvised weaponry to keep enforcing his flashlight-fu. He did comment on the spiky one, of course. If it doesn't have 'self-defense' printed on it, Phil won't even consider it.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 8:30pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Te(V)plar
    LOL! Too funny!
    The irony is that even though Elmore criticizes Ashida Kim it was Paladin which first published Ashida Kim.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 11:29pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm the proud owner of a sure-fire torch. That thing will blind a smurf wearing oakleys in the daytime. If I shined it in some hooligan's eyes, he would kill me, promptly. It would piss him off, not stop him, just really piss him off.

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 1:36am

supporting member
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it just me or did Phat Phil's forum on martialtalk disapear?

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 3:14am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninPimp
    Is it just me or did Phat Phil's forum on martialtalk disapear?
    I think he just banned you.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 3:25am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    I love how EVERYONE who has ever trained MMA is "a competitive athlete" in phil's world, like you can't take a jiu-jitsu class without entering KOTC.
    phil also states MMA guys have no neck. Well, neither does phil for the opposite reasons. :laughing8
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 3:32am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would no sooner fight an MMA athlete than a stevedore or a rugby player -- because these are tough men who regularly engage in activities that make them strong and aggressive. (If you don't think being a stevedore requires aggression, you haven't done it.) Playing rugby, however, does not prepare me for self-defense primarily, any more than do MMA and wrestling. ~ phil elmore
    Judging what we know of the "great" phil elmore, I believe it's safe to say neither does Short hand Empty hand.

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast