I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/08/2006 2:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosai
    Unless they just want you to THINK they're some idiot...now the question becomes: Is Phil Elmore intelligent enough to be a real armed combat expert cleverly disguised as someone with an IQ around my own level...or is he actually someone with an IQ around my own level?:qleft6:
    Judging from what I know of phil and his writings, I'd have to conclude he's barely above the average intellect level. He's delusional and suffers from an exaggerated sense of self-esteem. He's make a great study for some psychologists research paper.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/08/2006 3:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Oh come on, I removed the mention of Phil from the "Your Martial Art Sucks" forum description. Do we really need new topics about him?

I'm nuking that icon.
    It's as I've always maintained, the rate phil's going it may become necessary to create a compilation of every thread dedicated to him on this website. Perhaps, as a sticky?
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Modesty forbids more.

Posted On:
    3/08/2006 3:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ newbie.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    May the force be with you, Kickcatcher.

Mind you, Phil will write pages and pages of apologetic, holier than thou excuses, but he will NOT tell you where he got his flashlight-fu, and he will not tell you whether or not such techniques were ever used in tha streets.

Still, it´s fun seeing the fat guy squirming out of the way of questioning.
    That civilisation may not sink,
    Its great battle lost,
    Quiet the dog, tether the pony
    To a distant post;
    Our master Caesar is in the tent
    Where the maps are spread,
    His eyes fixed upon nothing,
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    3/08/2006 7:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No mate, he's just playing the deleting posts game....
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Posted On:
    3/08/2006 7:13pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember when Massad Ayoob was first promoting flashlight fu. It made a lot of sense insofar as one should properly identify one's target before shooting it full of holes and then discovering that it was say, your kid who didn't properly identify himself.

But Phil seems to take everything as a fetish and not just as a tool.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    3/08/2006 7:24pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just in case it gets deleted/edited:

KC:
    Interesting that you have published another how-do self-defence manual Phil.

Re these combat flashlight moves you instruct through the book, have you ever used any yourself in a live situation? If not, I was wondering who you learned them off and how successfully they applied them in real Goes.

Phil:
    Shouldn't you be off drawing more cartoons about me? That's really where your talent lies.

Terry1965:
    Please keep the subject to the topic at hand.

Phil:
    This is my hosted forum, you know.

Terry1965:
    I kinow it is
    Terry

Phil:
    {smilie}

KC:
    I think my questions are fair and on topic. You have published a book on how to use a flashlight in self-defence, I am enquiring about the provenance of the techniques presented.

Phil:
    You are welcome to purchase the book and evaluate the techniques it contains on the basis of your vast martial arts experience. When you do, you would be doing me a favor if you posted about it at my fan club forum, Bullshido. I realize you've already done a lot to promote my work and it is not fair of me to ask for still more, but I know you can sink to the challenge.

KC:
    So you don't want to tell everyone WHERE you got your flashlight self-defence from?

just die already.

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa

Posted On:
    3/08/2006 7:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This entire flashlight SD thing confuses me. I mean, if it was a maglight, sure, you can hurt people badly with a maglight, but a pissy flashlight like that? Less than intimidating. I really think I'd rather hit people with my hands, head and elbows rather than rely on a low-weight and easily broken weapon like a flashlight.

I think Elmore should design a Combat Pocket Flashlight. It would still be pretty silly, but it would sell with the right marketing to Elmorist survivalists and be more useful than the common pocket flashlight.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    3/08/2006 7:32pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phil switches into evasion-fu mode:
    Yes, you've got me. It's a deep, dark secret. I'm deliberately concealing the provenance of these super-obscure, totally new and different, bizarre methods that defy the laws of physics and will turn the martial arts world on its ears.

No, wait, I give. The secrets were given to me by Yetis in the Himalayan mountains. Or was that Sufis? Yetis are those Bigfoot things, aren't they?

If you had even ten percent of the martial knowledge you and the folks at the Children's Network think you have, you'd realize there's nothing particularly mystifying or complicated about palm stick principles. You'd also understand their utility.

Oh, damn it. There I go, giving it all away. The Yetis will be very angry with me.
    (sorry to keep posting this convo as it materializes but these things have a habbit of getting deleted on planet Phil.

KC:
    That's just evasion. Why do you not tell us where you got the moves from?

Phil:
    Because I enjoy watching trolls like you obsess.

KC:
    You still haven't answered what is a perfectly reasonable question. Come on, fess up; you've made these moves that you are selling up yourself?

Phil:
    At such time as you magically transform into a reasonable person, I might answer you. Until then, the question will remain unanswered until someone other than a childish troll asks it.
    Last edited by Fantasy Warrior; 3/08/2006 7:41pm at .

just die already.

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa

Posted On:
    3/08/2006 8:05pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The idea behind a small but bright flashlight, was that one could hold a firearm in one hand and the light in the other, and not have to lug a maglight around. Maglights are great but the three cell and aboves are not really concealable. (though Phil could always create an underarmed holster to try to prove us wrong:)

Posted On:
    3/08/2006 8:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a 6 D-cell. :)

It's like a fucking baseball bat.
    :new_all_c
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast