Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    14

  2. #2
    Wounded Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,841
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phil is happy because now he's just another hopeless fat man holding a flashlight in the pages of one of the leading military fantasy magazines? I mean, next to the freakin' ad for combat tomahawk training? Does the man have no dignity? Does anyone actually take SoF magazine seriously?

    I mean, I loved the video games they put out, but, dude...no one actually thinks that SoF magazine is anything other than entertainment for fat dudes who are exactly like Phil Elmore.

    One of my friends is a prosecutor in New York State. I remember I once asked him about how contract killers are prosecuted. The first thing he told me was, "Well, in the first place, real hitmen aren't the ones who take out ads in Soldier of Fortune magazine."
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

  3. #3
    Phrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1998
    Location
    Cow Town
    Posts
    19,137
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh come on, I removed the mention of Phil from the "Your Martial Art Sucks" forum description. Do we really need new topics about him?

    I'm nuking that icon.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    447
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin
    One of my friends is a prosecutor in New York State. I remember I once asked him about how contract killers are prosecuted. The first thing he told me was, "Well, in the first place, real hitmen aren't the ones who take out ads in Soldier of Fortune magazine."

    Unless they just want you to THINK they're some idiot...now the question becomes: Is Phil Elmore intelligent enough to be a real armed combat expert cleverly disguised as someone with an IQ around my own level...or is he actually someone with an IQ around my own level?:qleft6:

  5. #5
    <plasma>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,574
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From that ad, I question everything Paladin promotes from now on.

  6. #6
    Cassius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,038
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Oh come on, I removed the mention of Phil from the "Your Martial Art Sucks" forum description. Do we really need new topics about him?

    I'm nuking that icon.
    We need a FAQ or something saying "Try not to talk about Phil unless he does something amazingly stupid."

    Seriously, he's been done to death. Anything else is just free advertisement for the douche.

  7. #7
    JohnnyCache's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,528
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Soldier of fortune actually has some interesting articles in it once in a while, and you aren't actually allowed to run ads for hit men in it - haven't been for quite a while.


  8. #8
    DerAuslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,449
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Getting published by Paladin Press gives him legitimacy?

    If I wrote something and it ended up that only Paladin would publish it...I would trash the manuscript.

  9. #9
    Cassius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,038
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    Getting published by Paladin Press gives him legitimacy?

    If I wrote something and it ended up that only Paladin would publish it...I would trash the manuscript.
    Any attention is too much, legitimate or not.

  10. #10
    Olorin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,057
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    From that ad, I question everything Paladin promotes from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    Getting published by Paladin Press gives him legitimacy?

    If I wrote something and it ended up that only Paladin would publish it...I would trash the manuscript.
    Dito…Paladin Press publishes crap. They are well know for it.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO