Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2002 2:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Come on, the odds that any of these cocksuckers are going to need to know real self-defense is pretty low. What do Internet MMA Forum Keyboard Warriors need self defense skills for anyway? So they can beat up a guy at the sci-fi convention if he says Picard is cooler than Kirk??

Ruk man, you KNOW the answer to this.

I have no problem with people training ANYTHING but MOST of these people convince their students that they CAN defend themselves when in reality they CANT. THATS the problem.

Selling someone a falsehood. McDojo.

I think Aikido is a great class. If I had a kid and my wife wanted our kid to take Aikido I'd have no problem with it. I WOULD have a problem if my WIFE studied it and the instructor tried to convince her she could wrist lock a 250 lbs man off her. Its a lie.

"Do not become entranced by impractical or useless movements. Do not be categorized as one who "Learns all there is to know about less and less until he ends up learning everything there is to know about nothing." -Ed Parker

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2002 2:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is basically re-arguing the same old argument. My point is why are grapplers so interested in converts?

I think of it like regular Christians vs. Evangelicals. Normal Christians are happy to pray for Jesus and believe what they believe in. Evangelicals feel it is their mission in life to convert everyone else to their way of thinking.

The 'net grappling/MMA nutriders are basically like the Evangelical Xians ..

"What if I don't want to be balanced?"

Then you're A) a fool and B) going to have to live with the consequences.

"What if my MA objectives aren't the same as yours?""

That's totally inconsequential, you're either learning MA for self-defence or you aren't. If you are learning it for self-defence you should be well-rounded.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/20/2002 4:50am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    quote: Come on, the odds that any of these cocksuckers are going to need to know real self-defense is pretty low. What do Internet MMA Forum Keyboard Warriors need self defense skills for anyway? So they can beat up a guy at the sci-fi convention if he says Picard is cooler than Kirk??

LMAO I second that!!!

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/20/2002 5:12am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ruk is right, I'm an Evangelical fighter.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12