Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    3/08/2006 9:23am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Research into who the Ing Un’ers are and whether the “grappler” is a chunner…

Well the instructor’s org is easy: Wing Tsun brand of Ing Un. The black T-shirt with red inverted triangle and inverted red chevrons on the trousers is basic uniform for instructors within that brand. Main org is EWTO in Europe to which Emin Boztepe used to belong. They are a big org and the leading retailers of Anti-grappling. Their instructors typically wear the red logo on the back. Students typically wear white logos on black T-shirts, or black on white T-shirts.

The “grappler” is also wearing a Wing Tsun branded T-shirt with a large white logo on the back of a black T-shirt…..

Conclusion: This is not some random grappler trying to take down a Ing Un’er as it may at first appear, this is a student within the same organization as the instructor.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Judo: the anti-trapple

Posted On:
    3/08/2006 5:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    The only Wing Chunners I've seen who look convincing at all on 'net videos are people who've cross trained in some kind of grappling and often suplimented their striking with a bit of boxing or summat. It would be interesting to hear what those guys had to say about why they still keep their WC in the mix.
    I wish I knew, of the three clubs I train at WC is the only one I don't get pumped to go to and don't come home from grinning from ear to ear and battered / bruised. Wife is noticing this trend and pointing it out mercilessly. It's hard to admit I suck when I get to be an "Advanced" level student in a microcosm, I think that's what keeps people stuck. Ego is weird, I don't think it would help my ego to get beaten to a pulp with a high ranking sash in my gym bag.

I found BS weeks after returning from a 5yr. layoff (kids / work) and it's been eating at me ever since. I finally went to a boxing gym one Saturday just to be able to look at myself in the mirror. The bad news: I have no skills, the good news: when people hit me I generally walk towards them and hit them back.

The best part: the Machado BB I train under started out the same time as me under the same Machado blue in 1996. I left BJJ to focus on my WC. I will cry myself to sleep if I think about that too much. 10yrs later I'm a 36yo one stripe white, judo white, and shitty/spazzy kickboxer. YAY!

Posted On:
    3/08/2006 6:54pm

Style: BJJ, Judo, SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yip Man wept. I can't help but think this is a put on and the guy in the shirt who issupposed to be shooting either has no idea what he is doing or as someone in this thread has said is a live action role player. Every guy that I have ever worked with who liked to roll has been waaaay more persistent than that. Mainly because they knew all I could do once they got me down was get hurt. He never pressed after the first attempt, he never even really tried.

I feel bad for that guy if he ever fights someone who doesn't try to cuddle his leg if doesn't go down with the first shoot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2006 7:04pm

Style: Shutting up and training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FatMgrDad
    The best part: the Machado BB I train under started out the same time as me under the same Machado blue in 1996. I left BJJ to focus on my WC. I will cry myself to sleep if I think about that too much. 10yrs later I'm a 36yo one stripe white, judo white, and shitty/spazzy kickboxer. YAY!
    DAMN! I know they say you should live with no regrets, but......DAMN! :-(

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2006 8:02pm

Style: Arnis, WC, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got drunk with a friend on the weekend and started joking about anti-grappling and how Wing Chun people have super-man ideas about how they can deal with a double-leg takedown.

He didn't know what a double-leg was and wanted me to show him. So I showed him the entry and the hands behind the knee-pits etc, and gave his legs a tiny pull and he suddenly fell backwards, hard onto a steel chest. Took a big chunk of skin out of his back -- another of his friends found a hunk of flesh on the chest a few days later. (The glass and lava argument goes both ways :D)

For gods sake I was trying NOT to throw him with it and I did. These guys must have real skill not to be able to double-leg someone once you have got their legs.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 5:30am

supporting member
     Style: Yoseikan Budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I aint punchy!?
    I got drunk with a friend on the weekend and started joking about anti-grappling and how Wing Chun people have super-man ideas about how they can deal with a double-leg takedown.

He didn't know what a double-leg was and wanted me to show him. So I showed him the entry and the hands behind the knee-pits etc, and gave his legs a tiny pull and he suddenly fell backwards, hard onto a steel chest. Took a big chunk of skin out of his back -- another of his friends found a hunk of flesh on the chest a few days later. (The glass and lava argument goes both ways :D)

For gods sake I was trying NOT to throw him with it and I did. These guys must have real skill not to be able to double-leg someone once you have got their legs.
    but but you pulled ! (even slightly) when every Winchunner knows that on a double you push everything to make hime fall over...you know like push his knees to straighten the legs so he can chain punch you to hell and back

It actually does take skills to make **** look good....

And you shouldn't demonstarte thing when drunk just like driving..when friends don't stop friend from drinking and doing MA friends die....:happy3:
    Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 5:54am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FatMgrDad
    I wish I knew, of the three clubs I train at WC is the only one I don't get pumped to go to and don't come home from grinning from ear to ear and battered / bruised. Wife is noticing this trend and pointing it out mercilessly. It's hard to admit I suck when I get to be an "Advanced" level student in a microcosm, I think that's what keeps people stuck. Ego is weird, I don't think it would help my ego to get beaten to a pulp with a high ranking sash in my gym bag.

I found BS weeks after returning from a 5yr. layoff (kids / work) and it's been eating at me ever since. I finally went to a boxing gym one Saturday just to be able to look at myself in the mirror. The bad news: I have no skills, the good news: when people hit me I generally walk towards them and hit them back.

Oh shi-

Dude.

that's like leaving penny arcade to go work at cntrl-alt-del, or leaving quiznos to work at subway.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 2:16pm

Style: Can't afford one yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :eusa_doh: Agreed. The less you think about that one, the better.

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 3:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I Choke You
    Live Action Role Playing
    So that's what LARP stands for!!!

Alcohol and grappling, a winning combination!

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 1:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WingChun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, i think this was a demonstration of a Wrestler Defense drill.
    First of all, they are both WT guys, one is doing a takedown, the other one is defending with the WT Wrestler Defense. Both of them know what the other one is going to do.

I dont think the "Wrestler" has real Grappling experience or Bjj knowledge, he only does a simple Doubleleg Takedown. Then the WT Guy steps to the side and starts chain punching.

This is shown at an Ewto ( not my organisation ) seminar. Sometimes we also train this Drill, but i dont think it is very good, exept against such poor takedowns as shown on the vid. I think its better to try a knee and go guard or sprawl.

Anyways, i think that the sytem of WT is a self defense system and not a competition system. The closequarter abilities and reflexes you learn with chi sao are good if you are confronted on the street, bar etc. cause i dont think its reasonable to go to the ground there.
    In competitions it's a whole different story. With pure Wt you cannot beat a mma fighter who trained the same time as you. Althoug Leung Tin, Kernspecht and all this guys claim that Wt defeats everything it isnt possible because the Wt training has no real focus on sparring, groundfighting or other possible competition situation.

I remember a seminar in Munich where Nic Osei and Bobby Sundell participated. I talked to Nic Osei ( who won gold in bjj competition in sweden in the absolute division ) and he told me that he did 2 mma fights in "gladiators" or something.
    Everyone expected him to win with his WingChun because he trained with Dai Sifu Reimers in Germany, but he won both fights via Submission. He told me that the WT helped him for his standup fights, but without grappling it is nearly impossible to win against Mmartists.

Thats what i think about the whole WT <-> Bjj thing.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast