Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 7:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    Once again, I am astounded by the fact that a website designed for debating efficient ways of beating the **** out of people has such a high nerd factor.
    It's been my experience, from meeting these people in person, that most fighters/professional MAists and overall people into actually fighting (and also larping/bsTMAwe-all-hate) are huge nerds.

When you think about it for awhile, it should be self-evident.

The fact that bullshido.net is an internet forum, just cuts the non-nerd % even lower, to about .01%. I have double-blind studies to prove it.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 9:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Camus
    It's been my experience, from meeting these people in person, that most fighters/professional MAists and overall people into actually fighting (and also larping/bsTMAwe-all-hate) are huge nerds.

When you think about it for awhile, it should be self-evident.

The fact that bullshido.net is an internet forum, just cuts the non-nerd % even lower, to about .01%. I have double-blind studies to prove it.
    This is very true. My thai boxing coaches are total dorks, despite being major bad asses. I think Josh is a comp-sci major and he talks with me and Kat about The Geiver (an awesome sci fi action movie that's basically like ultra violent power rangers), and other such dorky things (he's also a Myspace addict). Ryan writes highfalutin poetry that he posts on his myspace blog. Ray has some ultra geeky computer job that I can't recall the title for right now.

So, despite the whole muscle headed jock image that comes with being an MMA fighter, the common trend is to be a nerd.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 9:44pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Your RBSD Cannot Save You Now.

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 10:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Spanish Rapier/Epee/Foil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is a scary man.

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 10:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe they will call it:

T4: The Endless Money Machine.

DA-DA-DUM-DA-DUM
    DA-DA-DUM-DA-DUM
    (Continues singing Terminator theme.)

It makes sense that most MA are nerds. Most people get into MA because they are worried that they need to defend themselves or they got beat up and don't want it to happen again. That, and there was a huge influx of new students after the original Matrix came out. (Awesome movie.)
    Not many people wake up one day and say, "Man, I need to know how to do a 720 degree roundhouse to the face."

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 10:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The REAL reason people get into martial arts is so they can live out their childhood fantasy of being able to kick ass like the ninja turtles (or whatever ass kicking icon fits their generation)
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 12:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I kind of agree with the relationship between nerds and martial arts.

Your full contact competition styles tend to attract people who are assertive,agressive and have natural fighting ability. They want to train hard and improve their fighting skills.

But alot of people go into the martial arts thinking it will give them a force field against any attacker, trained or non-trained. People who were not athletic enough to play sport in high school. They rush to the martial arts thinking they have found a Holy Grail of self protection. But they fail to understand that any fighting system is only as good as the person you give it to.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 12:45am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Your full contact competition styles tend to attract people who are assertive,agressive and have natural fighting ability. They want to train hard and improve their fighting skills."

This has been true for pretty much none of the people in my thai boxing class

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 9:42am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All I know is that I couldn't win a fight till I started taking TKD, and after that, I never had any trouble. Next step, Muay Thai.
    It turns out that a student of my old instructor started his own school a few blocks down the street. Besides TKD, the place teaches Muay Thai (Full Contact), and submission fighting to suppliment the striking arts.
    I know the guy, and he is pretty good. He has a history in pretty much everything they teach there, and has hired several part time instructors who have produced decent credentials.

Not over zealous, but just zealous enough. 病気の粗悪品

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 9:47am

Style: Okinawan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    The REAL reason people get into martial arts is so they can live out their childhood fantasy of being able to kick ass like the ninja turtles (or whatever ass kicking icon fits their generation)
    1968~
    People often tell me that I fail to see the gravity of the situation.
    I see the gravity, and I say...

Step right up folks and watch me defy gravity!