supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    I think its Bryce Dallas's mate.

REVERSE PUNCH KIAI!

PWN3D!
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

software engineer

Posted On:
    3/08/2006 9:14pm

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since Anna is going to be in Boston on 4/1, does anyone want to do a Throwdown around then?

Also, how come I didn't know about the WFL coming to town?

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    3/08/2006 9:45pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It'd have to be the day after my fight, cant go risking getting injured at a throwdown the day of.

Your RBSD Cannot Save You Now.

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 10:53am

supporting member
     Style: Spanish Rapier/Epee/Foil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, since John now knows about his own death, it may have created yet another timeline in which he does not die. It is concievable that in this new timeline, Arnold was not used as a model for the T-800 or T-101 series and they will have a new face in part 4. I, personally, would like to see a Terminator film placed entirely in the future dealing with the battle against skynet.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 11:30am

Style: I know Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh that would rock! I've always wanted to see that. The resistance kicking skynet's ass. It'd be a cool change. T2-3D tried something like that, it also introduced the T-1000000. Thats right T-onemillion. Never got to see it(T2-3D) though, it was a theme park show or something like that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 11:49am

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=AnnaTrocity]
    QUOTE]

Actually it looks like your opponent is trying to get a piece of you

"come give mama a french kiss"

and you saying...

"holy f**k no way" and trying to dodge the hell out of her way.

Your RBSD Cannot Save You Now.

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 11:50am

supporting member
     Style: Spanish Rapier/Epee/Foil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is at Universal Studios Florida and US California.
    I have been to both, and the T-1000000 was pretty cool. It is basically a giant liquid metal spider several stories tall that has the same properties as the T-1000. The coolest part of the show, though, is getting to see Skynet up close.

The r34l Drunken Jiu Jitsu

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 2:36pm

supporting member
     Style: _razilian _iu _itsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Truculent Sheep
    My favourite reading of the films is that there are at least five timelines at play. The first, or prime, timeline is featured in T1, where Skynet is in the **** and its T800 gambit is its last hope. The Terminator can't go back in time, as this would completely bugger spacetime, so presumably Skynet was already badly damaged and not able to compute as well as before and couldn't tell the difference between true spacetime and inter-dimensional travel.

Anyway, the T800 goes to the second timeline which exists contemporaneously with the prime timeline but is running 45 or so years behind, as does Reece. T800 tries to kill Ms. Connor, Reece saves then shags Ms. Connor, Reece dies, T800 gets crushed, Sarah gets up the duff. The end.

Leap forward 15 years, still in timeline two, John Connor has just sprouted hair on his bollocks and his mum is in the nuthouse. Timeline two is well on its way to ending up like timeline one as it is using what's left of the T800 from T1 to create its own Skynet. But timeline three, which is like timeline one but with Skynet still able to fight back (as the sequence at the start of T2 shows) now intervenes. As such, it's now able to create T1000s, of which it is able to send one back in time. Again, we must presume Skynet, while not on its last legs, is malfunctioning as nothing it can do can change what's happening in its own timeline.

Still, off the T1000 goes, into timeline two, with John Connor and co. thinking it's going back in time too. So they get their hands on a T800, rewire it and send it back. To cut a long story short, the remains of the first T800 is destroyed as is the T1000 and the second T800. Sarah Connor learns to stop being a loonie while John survives with an altogether less bleak future to look forward to. We may therefore close the curtain at this point as all the timelines so far end happily - Skynet is defeated in one way or another, and John Connor in his numerous incarnations saves the day.

(BTW, Sarah's dream of a nuclear attack in T2 may not just be a dream but a vision from another timeline where she really does get fried, a la Donnie Darko. This could be from the Sarah Connor of timeline One - we don't see her in the future of T1 after all, except as a photo. Sarah in timeline two is also reunited with Reece in the dream - could this be an echo from yet another timeline?)

Anyway, T3 gives us another two timelines to obsess over. In timeline four there yet another Skynet, this time even more persistent, which has managed to send back another even harder Terminator. It has also managed to kill John Connor this time, but that's a phyrric victory as it is still on the ropes and due to be defeated. Both Skynet and the resistance are also as unaware of the real nature of time travel as they are elsewhere, and so T3 peddles the (erroneous) belief that the future is pre-ordained.

But since timeline five is different from the other timelines, in that Skynet is diffused over the internet rather than a centralised server, it's safe to assume that this is just another alternate reality in which Sarah Connor has died. It is akin to timeline two, but bleaker and without the happy resolution we saw at the end of T2. Plus T3 introduces John Connor's wife, a concept that has never been mentioned in any of the other timelines before, as Connor has always been portrayed as a bit of a bachelor (who loves his old mum, bless!). Anyway, timeline four ends with Skynet getting its motherboard kicked in YET AGAIN and timeline five gets nuked but with the Connors still in one piece...

If there is a sequel, we will find out how all the timelines pan out. Since four of the five John Connors are still alive, it would be interesting to have them all combine their talents together in a sort of Doctor Who-style teamup. Another possibility is that the various Skynets realise they can't change time but can jump between timelines, meaning the Skynets could team up too. Add in any number of Arnies, T1000s and T-Xs, and you'd have an interesting finale to this series.
    Dude, far too complicated....
    Nature tends to follow simple rules. If anything, these seperate timelines would collapse into one timeline Shrodinger's Cat style once a major change is made (or on a minor scale, a scar gained in the past instantaneously appearing in the future). The different timelines can't coexist forever.

And yeah, the T-1M was freakin awesome.
    :google:

Number of bottles of beer downed by me and my girlfriend within a half hour while playing the Channel 7 "how many times will they say 'snow' game" during the "Blizzard of '06": 3.5 each.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 2:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkpaladin
    Dude, far too complicated....
    Nature tends to follow simple rules. If anything, these seperate timelines would collapse into one timeline Shrodinger's Cat style once a major change is made (or on a minor scale, a scar gained in the past instantaneously appearing in the future). The different timelines can't coexist forever.
    And you got your degree in temporal physics where exactly?

Wait, I know:
    Spoiler:
    THE FUTURE!

Edit: physics schmysics...

The r34l Drunken Jiu Jitsu

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 3:08pm

supporting member
     Style: _razilian _iu _itsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze
    And you got your degree in temporal physics where exactly?

Wait, I know:
    Spoiler:
    THE FUTURE!

Edit: physics schmysics...
    Actually, that's quantum physics....and I got it from the Institute of Psuedo-Science and Semi-Intelligent Discourse thank you very much.
    :google:

Number of bottles of beer downed by me and my girlfriend within a half hour while playing the Channel 7 "how many times will they say 'snow' game" during the "Blizzard of '06": 3.5 each.
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast