Sponsored Links Spacer Image

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 2:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It really comes down to if you get paid.

If you are getting PAID then its a pro fight.

However I don't know how they are going to work this when Restad is a pro and you can't go back. But thats something the promoters are going to have to figure out.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 2:39pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    It really comes down to if you get paid.

If you are getting PAID then its a pro fight.

However I don't know how they are going to work this when Restad is a pro and you can't go back. But thats something the promoters are going to have to figure out.

In MMA people go back and forth all the time, some promoters are not paticularly diligent about checking FCfighter to see if someone is a pro or not, if they even care at all. Yes, it's technically not allowed, but as i said, this sport is pretty fast and lose in a lot of cases, which can be good and bad.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 2:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it'd be troublesome if this gave Kat pro status since like the next 5 or so fights we have scheduled are amateur (that'd mean no USA vs Canada, no Worlds, no Cage of Honor etc.)
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 2:45pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, make sure you have the correct info. You go pro it may close some doors.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 2:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeh, i was concerned about that aswell (as i have several amateur events lined up that i want to do) but i did check with the promoter and he said it was an amateur match, so there ya go.

I'm holdingh off on the pro thing till sometime after July

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 2:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    In MMA people go back and forth all the time, some promoters are not paticularly diligent about checking FCfighter to see if someone is a pro or not, if they even care at all. Yes, it's technically not allowed, but as i said, this sport is pretty fast and lose in a lot of cases, which can be good and bad.
    They may be getting better at checking. Several matches were cancelled around here because the found out one of the fighters had fought Pro. So still be carefull. If you aren't getting paid you can still play niave about it.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 2:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeh, IKF and ISCF (three of my upcoming events are IKF/ISCF sanctioned) are paticularly dilligent about checking FCfighter. So i made absolutely certain that it wont go on my record as a pro fight.

I had another fight offer for april 1st (on a card that J-Lau will be on, no less) but it was a pro fight so I told them i couldnt do it, my contact for the event is going to see if the promoter will allow it to be an amateur match.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 3:00pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good. Keep honing your skills don't make the jump until you are ready.

Keep posting videos. It is interesting to see the real progression of a fighter. You to KS.

Hey congrats on stepping up if I haven't said it before.

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 7:59pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Yeh, IKF and ISCF (three of my upcoming events are IKF/ISCF sanctioned) are paticularly dilligent about checking FCfighter. So i made absolutely certain that it wont go on my record as a pro fight.

I had another fight offer for april 1st (on a card that J-Lau will be on, no less) but it was a pro fight so I told them i couldnt do it, my contact for the event is going to see if the promoter will allow it to be an amateur match.

I was gonna say, IKF/ISCF is really on the up-and-up about making sure you're not a pro if you claim AM-status for a fight. But awesome that you're clued in on that, and good luck and good training for the next 3 weeks.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 9:34pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought an ametuer could fight a pro in an exhibition and as long as they don't get paid for that fight it doesn't ruin the am's status. . .

If you're taking money for the fight, it technically makes you a pro and could bite you in the ass years down the road. . . read the wiki on "Injun" Jim thorpe:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Thorpe
    Last edited by JohnnyCache; 3/07/2006 9:36pm at .
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast