Spear Sister

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 8:12am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Target: Angela Restad Status: Aquired

Well I just caught the name of my opponent for March 25th in Washington state:

Angela Restad

[URL="http://www.fightworld.com/video/HnS_Revolution_hspd.wmv"]Video of Her hook'n'shoot fight.

The promotion is called the "Wanted Fighting Challenge" and the fights will take place at the Wenatchee Convention Center.

The prospect of having an actual real opponent is exciting, if a little scary. Her standup looks pretty suck except for her clinch work so maybe that will work in my favor and i can get an early KO, I figure if I can avoid the takedown for the most part then I should be able to coast by.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 8:55am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow what a couple of delicate flowers I am supprised they didn't break. Particularly the the girl in the black, she looked far to delicate for the fight game.

I hope she can cook and clean.

(note to readers: Watch video before you judge this post. This post is satire)
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 9:40am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That looks like a chapter from the DDR Olympic trials

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 9:55am

Style: Getting mounted

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    She looks tough as hell, but I have a lot of confidence in Kat.

Johnny already said this in the other thread, but her game has almost certainly evolved over the course of the last two or three years, so I would be wary of pigeonholing her.

I noticed that she slipped impressively out of a punch at around 2:35 in that video, but immediately got caught in a flurry and taken down. Also, she got hit a few times while trying to get up out of the buttscoot. She didn't seem to go for any takedowns in this fight, which was probably smart given her opponent, so we don't really get to see that part of her game. But yeah, your best bet appears to be standing toe-to-toe with her and playing to your strengths (ie punching people really hard in the face).

I wonder if Josh Barnett will be cornering for her again...

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 10:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everytime i watch the video i am less impressed, if her game has not changed considerably I think I'll knock her out. She has horrible footwork and her punches are pretty weak and sloppy imo.

Her grappling also didntlook paticularly strong buti'd imagine her grappling has improved a lot more then her standup likely has so it's still really only teh grapple that i think i need to worry about.

I think i'll stick to the same game plan i've been using, storm across the ring, hit them very hard tomake them afraid of me, and then see what happens from there.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 10:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i've also got about 3-4 inches of height advantage.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 10:45am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will give you my impression based on the HnS vid. Do not underestimate her grappling ability.

Myra has beaten everyone she has ever faced in GrapplersQuest. She is also a purple belt in BJJ. At the time of HnS I understand she is blue. But if this girl can deal with Myra's strength - which is incredible because she juices like all fucking hell - so I would be wary. She got out of Myra's armbar which has to show hella strength.

So like you have already observed, avoid this girls clinch, and her grappling and you will be golden. That being said I would train for the worst, not the best.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 10:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    That being said I would train for the worst, not the best.

yeh, from here on out i think i am gonna be hitting BJJ class twice a day when it's available. I really really dont want to go to the ground with this one so i am gonna get one of our better takedown guys (fomer badass college wrestler and judo brown belt) to help me workmy takedown defense.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 12:14pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jee I figured that girl was all natural.

But seriously, think about what you were doing 4 years ago vs now and be careful

(me telling you to be careful seems to insure you brutalize the opponent so why change the recipie?)
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 2:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Technically it's going to be a pro fight but it'll still be listed as amateur is my understanding...this isnt the most highly regulated sport ;)
Page 1 of 14 1 234511 ... LastLast