Page 9 of 10 First ... 5678910 Last
  1. #81
    Cassius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,038
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    I thought it was wonderful.
    Well, at least I get SOME e-humor validation.

    Seriously, if you people didn't read Mercer Mayer/have Mercer Mayer read to you as children, then you missed out.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

  2. #82
    Not over zealous, but just zealous enough. 病気の粗悪品

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,417
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo Bean
    Well, at least I get SOME e-humor validation.

    Seriously, if you people didn't read Mercer Mayer/have Mercer Mayer read to you as children, then you missed out.
    Never heard of it, but you were born my senior year in college. So it may be a little after my time.

    Did they still have "Big Chief" note books when you went to school?
    People often tell me that I fail to see the gravity of the situation.
    I see the gravity, and I say...

    Step right up folks and watch me defy gravity!

  3. #83
    Not over zealous, but just zealous enough. 病気の粗悪品

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,417
    People often tell me that I fail to see the gravity of the situation.
    I see the gravity, and I say...

    Step right up folks and watch me defy gravity!

  4. #84
    Cassius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,038
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamma
    Never heard of it, but you were born my senior year in college. So it may be a little after my time.

    Did they still have "Big Chief" note books when you went to school?
    If you've still got any young kids, you might want to check him out. His stories are wonderful. If you've got older kids, I guess you'll just have to wait for grandchildren.

    I don't think I was lucky enough to encounter "Big Chief" in my primary or secondary education.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

  5. #85
    Mr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,309
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I personally liked the Bernenstein Bears.

  6. #86

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    702
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slindsay
    Yeah but this was the instructor doing it and I when I raised the point I was told that I had to roll out because if I didn't then I wasn't being co-operative or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    I've got all the context I need. The fact of the matter is that most aikidoka lack an appropriate delivery system to execute a proper keylock/americana/kimura/chickenwing/udegarami/hammerlock.... <con't>...Having someone do a single lunge and effectively stop is unrealistic. Executing techinques against halfassed uncommited attacks is unrealistic. I've never seen Aikido practiced against a crisp one-two (or even a crisp retracted jab or cross).
    Sigh... From the sounds of it you guys are really unlucky having meet many crappy aiki-dojo. I will say no more... I bow in humble retreat and am glad my training hasn't been similar to as what you have described.

    From what I gather from the various posters, there are certain areas which my current training may not have addressed. It is good that I am expose to you guys' train of thoughts and will specifically address them in my continous martial endeavour. In that sense, thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    That sort of standing udegarami is a freaking joke.
    Picture is static, aikido is dynamic. I don't think that the technique is a standing udegrami. It is continues down to the floor; or it is a shoulder dislocation technique if applied with undue care to the uke.

  7. #87
    Cassius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,038
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Berenstein Bears books are a very solid choice as well.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

  8. #88
    <plasma>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,574
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aikido Sucks (I just think this thread need more that) Aikido Sucks.

  9. #89
    I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it Join us... or die
    Goju - Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,857
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How dare you say Aikido sucks!!!

    I challenge you to run at me and grab my hand / wrist and keep holding on no matter what.

    The you'll see if Aikido sucks!!!

  10. #90
    Mr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,309
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What did you say Kage Kaze. There should be a Samurai Larpers Vs. Ninja Larpers thread.

Page 9 of 10 First ... 5678910 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO