Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 11:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Aikido sucks. Pics of disaster proove it.

I was glad to see that March is Aikido sucks month. Why not kick things of with some pics of disaster; Aikido style. BTW if you find some quotes of disaster or links of disaster feel free to share. Does Aikido suck? A picture tells a thousand words...

The idea in Aikido, as I understand it, is to offer no resistance, or as little as possible. By offering no resistance you do not become part of the conflict but part of the resolution. After all Aikido is Conflict Resolution on a very real scale. My partner brings conflict into my world and I should seek only to bring resolution to the conflict. Sometimes the resolution is not harmful to the aggressor and sometimes the resolution may be deadly to the aggressor. That is his problem I only seek to find resolution and restore harmony to my universe. - Dennis Hooker.
    From http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2914
    (Great thread, there's bound to be a lot of disaster on it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Marshall
    As a relative newcomer to aikido I have found it very different to other martial arts I have done, and, to be honest, am finding it hard to adapt to aikido training.
    It is not that I think aikido is a fundamentally bad martial art. In fact I think a lot of the ideas are good. It is the training method that I have problems with.
    For example there is no attack in aikido. I feel this is the biggest flaw. Often the best way to resolve a conflict is by attacking first. Aikido does not allow for this.
    Another problem is the sort of idealised attacks and cooperation from partners that you find in aikido. People say this helps them to react in the right way when under stress, but how do they know this if they never train with realism or aliveness.
    The third problem I have is the lack of sparring or randori in aikido. There is randori of a sort but it never involves the sort of attacks a regular person might make and isn't exactly athletic, i.e. it doesn‘t involve a struggle like you might get in a fight with a resisting opponent.
    How can aikido training be complete when there is no stress in the training. People say that you fight how you train, and there is plenty of stress and tiring activity in a fight. Aikido people never test themselves in competition or otherwise so how can they be sure that what they are doing is worthwhile? Aikido training is quite relaxing even. How is this good preparation for fighting?
    What are peoples opinions on this, especially people who have done a competitive full contact martial art prior to aikido.
    The answer:

...You have to understand that aikido techniques are very dangerous. Judo is a sport and all dangerous techniques have been eliminated, leaving only the ones that allow struggling with an opponent without too much risk. I have had much more injuries in aikido than in judo and much more serious ones. You will notice this yourself when you start practicing the hard way (if you find willing partners). That's why most people who know prefer a softer approach because they know where it leads.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 12:20am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Third picture down....I need a vid. How in the world is that guy gonna stop his head from being cracked open on the pavement??

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 12:49am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not pavement, there are mats down. He's gonna land on his back anyway, he's got is arm ready for ukemi if you look.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 3:35am

Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YEAH AIKIDO SUCKS!!!, here are more pictures to prove it.
    the 1st couple are variations of the technique on the very 1st picture posted. The next picture is a variation of the technique on the 4th picture posted. The rest, only God knows what the hell they are doing, so I picked some random images to show some more aikido BS. :bssign:

Genius

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 5:37am

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I once told a person that I was an Aikido master. He asked me to demonstrate a "move" on him. So, I touched him and he jumped to the ground. He swears that I threw him to this day, even after I told him that I didn't do Aikido but other martial arts. It's easy to toss people around when they expect you to.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 5:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Moron

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 6:02am

Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    I once told a person that I was an Aikido master. He asked me to demonstrate a "move" on him. So, I touched him and he jumped to the ground. He swears that I threw him to this day, even after I told him that I didn't do Aikido but other martial arts. It's easy to toss people around when they expect you to.

It could be that you hang out with dumb guys.

As your still using out moded Thai boxing instead of moving up to San Shou, this is probably the case.;:5squeeze:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 8:34am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    You had a chi surge. You actually did throw him without touching him. You're already on the path of the One.

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 9:10am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know those pics that Mcdojos put on thier websites, where they have a guy leaping back away from a guy's outstretched foot and they photograph it to make it look like he's sent sailing into the air with a kick? Those Aikido pics are the grappling version of that. Do you know what's funny? The kicker guys know they are just bullshitting around, but the aikido guys train like that for real.

That means that your average aikido training will help you learn grappling about as much as having someone put out thier hand and you leaping back away from it will help you learn striking. With the exeption of tomiki and some other schools, shame on aikido.

To answer the age old question, What's sillier _ing _un or aikido, I'd say aikido. At least _ing _un guys believe in hitting people.
    Last edited by Virus; 3/07/2006 9:24am at .

Old School DM

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 9:28am

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...You have to understand that aikido techniques are very dangerous. Judo is a sport and all dangerous techniques have been eliminated, leaving only the ones that allow struggling with an opponent without too much risk. I have had much more injuries in aikido than in judo and much more serious ones. You will notice this yourself when you start practicing the hard way (if you find willing partners). That's why most people who know prefer a softer approach because they know where it leads.
    Of course you hurt yourself more. Hurling yourself to the ground is a dangerous activity!
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast