Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2006 3:02pm

Style: taido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    bullshit. you cant slam anyone with any real force when their head, arms, and torso are free to move and far away from your lifting instruments. you have to grab on their head, arms, collar in order to lift their weight over your legs. now if you want to do some ***** ass bouncing around, well go ahead and lift below the legs.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/21/2006 3:11pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Akurra
    Normally the slammer would have his arms around under your legs when he picks you up, hence opening the legs would not just allow you to stand up.
    umm, beg pardon? Could you elaborate on your statement? Because it sounds like you are unclear on the discussion topic.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Posted On:
    3/21/2006 3:33pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most open guards are good defense against a standing opponent. If you're close to being slammed, you're probably facing a standing opponent. Many times less skilled grapplers try to slam.

I can usually get some kind of sweep or single on a person that's going for a slam - I like to bait them with a closed guard and see if they are stupid enough to give me an arm bar while standing up. Many times I can open the guard quickly and get two ankles and pull off a sweep to mount, or a modified De La Riva sweep, or a straight single.

Against more skilled opponents, I would say you just need to do some work on your open types of guards - depending on if you're working gi or no gi.

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    3/22/2006 2:15am

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh for god's sake why does this thread still fucking exist?!

Open the guard, pick one or both legs, shoot your hips forward and up as you pull his feet into you- this should push his upper body away and put him on his ass. Follow through and you've got mount, granted it doesn't always work so smoothly, but it's the simplest and most obvious answer.

He shouldn't have to bother with going for a single, that implies he's left his guard and our boy's starting nuetral or really fucking slick and can kind of drop/roll into it which if heu were he wouldn't be asking this question. Besides coming back up to shoot a single takes more energy, and I don't know about you but using energy makes me tired.

Kneebars? He's asking us what to do about guard slams for crying out loud, he probably doesn't even know what a knee bar looks like!

Just open the guard, pick one or both legs, and situp through him.

For the record, I just had a shittastic day dealing with crappling and I had to vent.
    Last edited by Stick; 3/22/2006 2:19am at .

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    3/22/2006 3:02am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A particularly wonderful comedy option is to open your legs and land on their foot, pull quarter guard and wrap your arms around their leg.

If the priceless reaction of someone who has no idea about grappling besides TOP=GOOD getting submitted from guard for the first time is columbian cocaine cut with powdered sugar, kamikaze calf cranking a fat person from the quarter guard is a crack vial, furtively purchased from a dealer in Malcom X park for the price of one shame heavy blowjob, the fumes then inhaled from your stovetop, your expectant face almost burned by the heat but it's soooo gooood...

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    3/22/2006 3:29am

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogey
    A particularly wonderful comedy option is to open your legs and land on their foot, pull quarter guard and wrap your arms around their leg.

If the priceless reaction of someone who has no idea about grappling besides TOP=GOOD getting submitted from guard for the first time is columbian cocaine cut with powdered sugar, kamikaze calf cranking a fat person from the quarter guard is a crack vial, furtively purchased from a dealer in Malcom X park for the price of one shame heavy blowjob, the fumes then inhaled from your stovetop, your expectant face almost burned by the heat but it's soooo gooood...
    You should write for a living.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12