Posted On:
    3/06/2006 3:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

k-1 oceania results

holy crap, next time im putting money down. results-

Hori vs Abidi= Abidi came in with an ankle injury and it didnt take long for Hori to spot it and go to town... it was painful to watch and his corner had to throw the towel in at the beginning of the third round. he got a huge ovation frmo the crowd though for continuing to fight in the second, what a warrior.

Suttie vs Pola= Suttie came out in the first round fists flying and put the fear of god into Pola, who just kept getting tagged. second round was Polas as he got more confident, but in the third Suttie had figured out Polas attacks and was countering everything he threw. Split decision to Suttie.

Hari vs Graham= fight of the night easily. at the press conference Hari had been talking trash to Graham, saying he was too old for the sport- and even started a fight after the conference in the hallway! Badr hari was getting the best of graham in the first and second rounds with his incredible speed, but right at the end of the second Graham put him down with a rolling thunder (his trademark move, a rolling spinning back kick- only guy ive seen who can land this regularly)

Graham started the final round well and they both took some big hits, but Graham was definitely behind on points (the down in the second hadnt been counted for some crazy reason) so right in the final 5 seconds he throws another and it connects FLUSH with Haris jaw, breaking it, and knocking him out for what seemed like ages. must have been 5 minutes at least, longest ive ever seen anyone out for. crowd went nuts. I would also like to point out that I MADE THIS PREDICTION on k-1fans.com when everyone was saying Graham didnt stand a chance. so nyah!

Slowinski vs Rony Sefo= Textbook asswhupping from Slowinski. he played smart and didnt get into a brawl with Sefo, instead he stayed out of the shorter fighters range and brutalised him with leg kicks. the smacking sound resonated around the arena, made me hurt just watching. Slowinski by easy points decision.

SEMI FINALS-

Suttie vs Hori= Hori is a 6'6 southpaw and Suttie is a 5'11 overblown middleweight so this was always gonna be tricky for him. Hori was frustrating suttie in the first 2 rounds with constant roundhouse kicks keeping the shorter fighter out of range, but in the third he got too predictable and paid for it with a BIG counter right hand. he was out cold for a loooong time.

Slowinski vs Graham= Graham came out swinging in this one but once again the muay thai stylist Slowinski went to work on Grahams legs. it soon became apparent that Graham had taken too much damage in his previous fight and made the fatal mistake of wincing after a particularly hard kick. Slowinski spotted that and just went to town, clobbering Grahams legs until they gave way. Slowinski by KO.

FINAL FIGHT= At this stage I was pretty sure Slowinski was going to win. Suttie was coming into this after two brutal 3 round fights, not to mention having been in a motorbike accident 6 weeks earlier which put him out of training until one week before the fight (he was still covered in bandages going into the fights) while Slowinski had fairly easy wins over Graham and Sefo. Sure enough he once again went to work on Sutties legs scoring over and over on the much shorter fighter. Suttie fought hard but then in the second Slowinski switched targets for the head and Suttie went down. for some reason the ref decided not to apply a count and to just stop the fight, but i felt he could have made it back up before the end of the ten count. although he had taken a lot of punishment and was not going to win this fight. We will see how Slowinski does in the k-1 eliminations at the end of the year!

Semmy vs Schilt- worst fight of the night. Semmy put o a horrible display of just clinching throughout round 2 and 3, finally being given two yellow cards for it. Aerts looked fit and active landing some bog overhands on Semmy to take a decision win.

Sefo vs botha- a one sided beatdown, but a lot of cameraderie showed by both fighters. Sefo showed some fancy kicks here with spinning and axe kicks, as well as hard and sharp leg kicks and big punches. to his credit botha seemed unphased by Sefos attacks, but could mount no kind of offense and lost an easy decision.

('._.)

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 8:19pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Semmy VS Schilt? lol

good article though, I hate Semmy Schilt hes always boring and the only reason he does so well is because of his gigantic size.

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 8:26pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Graham fight has now persuaded me to try and find this and download it just to watch that fight.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 8:45pm

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've got it Carbon or just go to www.k-1fans.com and go to their K-1 Multimedia section and they've got an entire thread dedicated to it.

Also, Schilt looked lost with the new rules instituted. Now he has to rely on pure skill and no more clinching and leaningon the guys to wear them out....

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 12:29am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    now semmy vs schilt would be an awesome fight to see, heh...

hes just a fucking idiot. he wasnt doing anything in the clinch anyway. when you are that much taller than your opponent you should be keeping out of range not cuddling.

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 12:35am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome write up Ikken, thanks...

Hell of a good card too, lucky bastard!
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff