Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 7:08pm

Style: Sheng Hun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He looks like a nood to me, also. The "Free Sparring" video that was linked in the thread earlier appears to be a pretty typical Seven Star Mantis reeling workout.

The only thing that makes him more loveable than the others is the fact that he doesn't completely bash everything else and at least acknowledges other arts (Which is why I came to Bullshido. To learn)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 7:10pm

Style: He Shan Shen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I fully agree with Street Fighter's first post.
    I don't like the look of their sparring (see the videos on the web site) .. well first of all it doesn't look like (in the 45 seconds I watched) that anyone got hit. They were going slow enough that to evade attacks it was simple enough to draw back into a cat stance - I haven't yet really seen this done quickly enough in sparring. For a name like 'free' sparring, it looked very predetermined. On the whole looked like they were just applying the basics -- I don't want to judge the whole school by their sparring videos, but it did not look like anyone was resisting. So that's my little rant :ninjadanc
    Last edited by ehuber; 3/06/2006 7:16pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 7:49pm

Style: something good

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, it wasn't sparring. The fact that that is what the guy called free sparring discredits any leg up on the pile I thought he had in my first post (that was only after reading some of the question and answers on the site which sounded fairly reasonable).

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 8:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NakMuay
    How do you think it is trained properly?

I think the only way of doing this will result in thaiboxing/sanda sparring or mma. If you pay more attention to selfdefence it will become krav maga...

Will it still be unique if trained properly or will it be like an exact copy of some other martial art?
    Nak, this question has been done to death on multiple threads. Use the search function.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123