Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 3:52pm

Style: something good

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright, I take it back. After seeing some of the video clips, I can tell you, this is trash... Take a look at this 'free sparring'... http://wongkk.com/video-clips/sparring-uk01.html . What is that??? It certainly isn't sparring...

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 3:52pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn I came back from watching vids, wrote up my reply for post and by the time I post it half a dozen people have already beat me to it. I am getting slow in my old age.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 3:56pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

"I wish to share another secret with you. My master Sifu Ho Fatt Nam, who has dedicated his life to helping others, was once attacked by more than 30 armed attackers whose objective was to kill him and his family for reasons I would not disclose here. He fought them off. My master could have killed their leader and some other assassins "
    Armed with what?

If this really happened and they really wanted to kill him, I'm sure 30 guys with guns could have shot him up without much trouble, no matter how good his kung fu was.

:qleft1:
    Sounds like a big lie to me.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 4:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL111 h3y I'm a MT nood/BJJ wh1t3 belt and I think k0ng fu is t3h suxxors. I did a search but I couldn't find any other b1g CMA debate threads between people with no fight record. Doesn't CMA suck c0x ? lololol111
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 4:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dammnit, I said MT 'nood' in that post. I meant 'noob', not 'nood', ok ? definitely not 'nood'. Definitely.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 4:06pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    Can Kung Fu be effective if trained properly. Yes, it can. The problem is their are very few people who train it properly.
    How do you think it is trained properly?

I think the only way of doing this will result in thaiboxing/sanda sparring or mma. If you pay more attention to selfdefence it will become krav maga...

Will it still be unique if trained properly or will it be like an exact copy of some other martial art?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 4:08pm

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How would you fight a boxer who is very agile? Using the Double Dragon Hands at the Box-Arrow Stance is an effective way to keep an agile boxer at bay. The boxer soon becomes tired from his bouncing about, while you are still relaxed and full of energy. This is the strategy of “Conserving energy while the enemy tires himself out”. This video clip was taken from a training session conducted by Sifu Kai Uwe Jettkandt of Germany for students of Shaolin Wahnam under a Warrior Project programme.
    The size of the video clip is 2566 kb.

I copied this from that site. What a bunch of bull! Boxers can bounce about for a long time. I don't know how long he plans this fight to be, but I doubt it's long enough for somone to tire out from bouncing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 4:11pm

Style: something good

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its been said a hundred times Nak! Look over some TMA posts, and check out the recent omega thread. Jeez, such a muay thai nood...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 4:47pm

Style: BJJ, Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you have seen a judo match, you would have noticed how long it takes, even for a judo expert, to throw his opponent. If the opponent just jabs two fingers into the expert's eyes, or, less brutally, kicks hard at his shin, he would have foiled the expert's throw.
    I don't know if this guy has the real kung fu or not. But one thing I will say is that he does not have a very good understanding or appreciation of judo. I personally would like to see him try to implement his hard shin kick counter against a good judoka or wrestler.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 6:49pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    LOL111 h3y I'm a MT nood/BJJ wh1t3 belt and I think k0ng fu is t3h suxxors. I did a search but I couldn't find any other b1g CMA debate threads between people with no fight record. Doesn't CMA suck c0x ? lololol111
    Brilliant sarcasm!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast