Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 3:26pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

We have not seen real kung fu yet..?!

http://www.shaolin-wahnam.org/kungfuq1.html#fighting

This guy claims a lot about 'real' kung fu beign invincible and that it could easily beat Karate, Kickboxing and Muay Thai.

What do you think about his 'real' kung fu as he describes it?
    Is this guy talking sence or is he just living in a fantasy in Kung-Fu-Pwns-All World??

Why didn't 'real' kung fu practicioners enter tournaments to show what they've got?

Is Kung Fu really a great fighting system when done properly??

This guy seems full of ****, what do you think??

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 3:32pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think, without even clicking your link, that JFS is very close. Be carefull. A Gong Sau challenge is nearby.

BJJ Purple Belt

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 3:34pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember something being posted on the guy a while back on bullshido-

Some people, no matter how much evidence amounts against them, feel that instead of crosstraining they simply need to study their kung fu/krotty/ninjitsu more.

Even if every kung fu fighter in the world decided to fight, I have a feeling people would still be writing about the real kung fu and how we havent seen it.

Jason DeLucia does a great job with his kung fu in mixed martial arts- why cant they be content with that? Lets not forget that Omega had a 3-2 professional run either with his kung fu.

*EDIT*

from the link:

"I wish to share another secret with you. My master Sifu Ho Fatt Nam, who has dedicated his life to helping others, was once attacked by more than 30 armed attackers whose objective was to kill him and his family for reasons I would not disclose here. He fought them off. My master could have killed their leader and some other assassins "

I'm willing to bet that he didnt witness this incident, but rather his sifu told him about it...

"If you have seen a judo match, you would have noticed how long it takes, even for a judo expert, to throw his opponent. If the opponent just jabs two fingers into the expert's eyes, or, less brutally, kicks hard at his shin, he would have foiled the expert's throw. But of course for those who are untrained, or who are trained in kungfu dance, such kicks and throws as well as martial techniques of the other sports would be formidable"

Maybe it takes quite long for a Judo expert to throw his opponent perhaps because hes fighting another Judo expert?

Yoshida, Parysian, and Fedor havent had much trouble with their Judo throws, and it doesnt take them long at all.
    Last edited by Gumby; 3/06/2006 3:47pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 3:40pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I found some sparring clips aswell..

It doesn't really impress me though..

http://www.wongkk.com/general/videos...ree%20Sparring

Im sure someone who knows how to box would knock these guys out, but that's just my thought....

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 3:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NakMuay

Well, not that kung fu.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 3:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Search Function Noob!!!!
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ghlight=wanham
    Funny vids there too...

Anyway, must see vids... http://wongkk.com/video-clips/boxing/overview.html
    Last edited by Fantasy Warrior; 3/06/2006 3:47pm at .
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 3:43pm

Style: something good

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually this doesn't seem TOO bad... At least from the very little that I read. He does not claim to be a good fighter or aim to be. It seems that he trains primarily for health but keeps the stance of 'kung fu can be applied if trained properly', which even most on bullshido seem to say. This did get me a bit though...

"Skipping over a rope and lifting weights, prancing about and donning boxing groves are not traditional Shaolin ways to develop force and train sparring. It is only sensible that if one wishes to fight like what a Shaolin exponent would do in the past, he or she must train the way a traditional Shaolin disciple did. But for various reasons, many people lack the knowledge or the patience to do so."

He does mention that one needs sparring to fight, and strength training. He DOES say that the majority of kung fu blows, which isn't as bad as what is usually said because he doesn't really claim to have the 'real kung fu'... I don't know. I'll read more later.

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 3:44pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NakMuay
    http://www.shaolin-wahnam.org/kungfuq1.html#fighting

This guy claims a lot about 'real' kung fu beign invincible and that it could easily beat Karate, Kickboxing and Muay Thai.

What do you think about his 'real' kung fu as he describes it?
    Is this guy talking sence or is he just living in a fantasy in Kung-Fu-Pwns-All World??

Why didn't 'real' kung fu practicioners enter tournaments to show what they've got?

If there's one person who isn't doing KF properly it's this guy.

If this guy's KF is so good why doesn't he go dominate the SanShou circuit in China?

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 3:49pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you go to the bottom the page you linked and click on Wong Kit kew homepage you can navigate your way to a section of video clips. I couldn't watch a lot of them because they are in quick time and I don't have that on my work computer, but the ones I could watch didn't look like "free sparring". He claims that the students are "free sparring" and that all of the techniques are spontaneous, that none of it is pre arranged sets. It all looked like pre arranged sets to me.

Can Kung Fu be effective if trained properly. Yes, it can. The problem is their are very few people who train it properly.

I am not going to call BS on this guy because I think more information is needed and we would need someone who has acutually sparred some of these guys who is not part of their organization to get a fair judgement on their abilities. But I do have to question their "free sparring" claims.

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 3:51pm

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "If you have seen a judo match, you would have noticed how long it takes, even for a judo expert, to throw his opponent. If the opponent just ... kicks hard at his shin, he would have foiled the expert's throw.

sasae-tsurikomi-ashi?

deashi-harai

hiza-guruma?

any of the many judo foot sweeps?

I get more bruises on my shins from those than just about anything else.

Me thinks he knows diddly about judo.
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast