Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2003 3:30pm

Style: MuayThai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On Friday, May 16th and Saturday, May 17th, One Spirit Muay Thai Team will be offering FREE Fighter Training Classes to the public as we kick off our Training Session for the upcoming “King of the Ring VI” fighting event on June 21st in Virginia Beach, VA.
    Classes will be in session:

Fridays from 8 to 9:30pm, & Saturdays from 2 to 5pm

Session Length is scheduled for 5 weeks (10 classes) beginning Friday, May 16th and ending Saturday, June 14th

Though Fighter Training Classes are for the benefit of students who will be representing One Spirit Martial Arts at the upcoming VA Beach event, everyone is invited to attend and participate in these training lessons. Understand, however, that actual individual instruction and training is reserved for those who will be competing.

One Spirit Martial Arts Center 295 Sunset Park Drive Herndon, VA

For more information or directions, please call:

703-796-5508

http://www.onespiritmartialarts.com/

Kob Khun Krab! (thank you!)

Kru Brooks C. Miller (Khun Kao)

khun.kao@verizon.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to be clear, only Friday, May 16th & Saturday, May 17th classes are being offered free of charge. There will be a nominal fee for those interested in attending and training for the entire session...
    Please contact me if you have any questions!

Khun Kao

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    5/05/2003 3:57pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd love too -- but I can't fly to VA just for that ... (sigh)

"I'm willing to bet I could **** up an emu real good, if I got the drop on the bastard."
    -- KC Elbows, my new hero.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2003 4:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, we're right outside of Washington, D.C., there are PLENTY of reasons to fly down! Pick a card, any card...

And better still, Dulles International Airport is quite literally just down the street from the gym.

Khun Kao

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2003 3:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I live very close to Dulles and might try it out, what should I wear? Is a judogi ok? Also, what type of training is it going to be, sparring, heavybag work, or just learning the basic moves and such?

Edited by - Michael Neal on May 07 2003 15:11:13

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2003 9:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Michael...

Wearing a Judo Gi is acceptable, but you'd probably be better off wearing shorts and a tshirt. We will be training in Muay Thai fighting skills. There will be lots of Thai pad and partner drills.

Unfortunately, we do not have all of our heavy bags hung up yet, so our bag drills will be minimal.

Sparring will take place the last hour of class every Saturday. We will occassionally spar in other classes, but not often because of the time allottment. 90 min's just doesn't cut it.

We will NOT be spending time on basics. It will be assumed that everyone already knows their basics. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to let people stand around with their thumbs up their butt if they don't know the moves. I will partner you up with some who does know them so that you will still come away beginning to learn the techniques)

Understand that the primary focus will be on my 6 fighters. We are inviting the public and encouraging them to sign on for the 5 week session to help introduce introduce our programs to the MA community in our area, and to give interested students a taste of what real fight training is like.

Kru Brooks (Khun Kao)

Contact me if you have any further questions...

khun.kao@verizon.net