Memphis to Host Taylor-Wright Bout

DiBella Entertainment, Gary Shaw Productions and Prize Fight Promotions announced the location on Friday.

"Memphis has illustrated clearly that it is a boxing town and the FedEx Forum is one of the finest arenas in the country," Lou DiBella, Taylor's promoter, said. "We look forward to the Southern hospitality in June."

Wright promoter Gary Shaw said the match will be "the most important fight" in the 160-pound division.

Taylor, of Little Rock, said he was pleased the fight could be held so close to home.

"Having held my last training camp there, and it being just two hours from Little Rock, Memphis is like a second home to me," Taylor said. "I can't wait to perform in front of my fans from Arkansas and my adopted hometown fans in Memphis. It's going to be a great night."

Taylor (25-0) won a decision over champion Bernard Hopkins in July for the middleweight titles, then won a second decision against Hopkins in December.

Wright (50-3) has a left-handed stance that many boxers find troubling. He has a long track record of victories against top-level fighters, including Shane Mosely and Felix Trinidad.

The fight marks the fifth consecutive year Memphis will host a top boxing event, dating to Lennox Lewis' knockout of Mike Tyson in 2002.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060303/...N5bnN1YmNhdA--