supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tharuz
    What? I gotta hold my own too?

damn it!
    I think so man ...

Like I said I don't have the final ( or ANY ) vote on this I was just adding my thoughts and informing you of what I think everyone discussed earlier in the thread .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 4:42pm

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Look dude, i'll break it down. If you want a fist you need to do some moderate to hard contact MMA sparring at a throwdown, preferably with someone competent and then you need to post the video
    Ok I did that, but nowhere does it say that I have to "hold my own" or which is the authority on what holding your own is.

I'd say I pretty much followed the guy despite being attacked, and got back up twice so yeah...

I'd be happy if I got my tag, if I don't it's ok. I can make do with an "insane" or "dumbass"

(please don't give me a dumbass tag, if you do eventually take it down)

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 4:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    Not much around here is. We are not beautiful snowflakes.

Sorry I snapped at you kid. I re-read the thread and, as it turns out, it doesn't really describe the TD fist qualifications after all. AnnaT did a good job of describing it in post #70 though.

That's a threadwinner right there.
    This is the post that makes me quote AnnaT

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 5:12pm

Style: Panda Punch

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't understand why you would even want the fist. It just draws more attention to the fact that you got your ass kicked and didn't display any sort of skill whatsoever. You won't get much respect for that from most people.

Happy birthday to me.

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 5:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Bocksing, ngBJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you go to the throwdown for the experience or just to get a fist icon beside your name?

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 9:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I went to the throwdown beacause I walk the walk. I don't even need to do any talking.

I wanted to have the video posted in my facebook moreso than have the tag, I could also take my time to dissect my game and improve faster

I wanted to see what it was like and learn from you guys, and whether I improve or not I will definetely attend another one. I also wanted to meet the houston bullies, many of which didn't even attend

I don't care that I don't get to have a tag now, it's just that I didn't get submitted(that can be argued, however), I followed my opponent, I got back up, and I fought someone who outclassed me. so you guys award those who beat on people with less experience than them? might want to re-think that.

I understand that you shouldn't reward mediocrity, beacause oftentimes all the kids who lose a soccer game get a trophy. that's not how life is. I'm going to train so I can really earn my fist next time now that I think about it. Happy Panda dude's right

in the future, I would hope that there is a stickied thread in bold letters that points out that you have to display skill against the opponent you're engaging in battle with beacause bullshido is not some daycare that rewards mediocrity, as well as the stuff that Kat mentioned on post #70 and any other umm......stuff

I hope that really strong people bother to come to future throwdowns so I can learn from them if it's not too much bother.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 9:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so you guys award those who beat on people with less experience than them? might want to re-think that.
    **** you fatty . I expect my partners to know and understand their own abilities . If you want to spar hard with me , you should be smart enough to figure out if you can handle it .

I understand that you shouldn't reward mediocrity, beacause oftentimes all the kids who lose a soccer game get a trophy. that's not how life is. I'm going to train so I can really earn my fist next time now that I think about it.
    you were less than mediocre . I personaly don't think you should have been sparring at anything close to hard contact . It would be a danger .

Happy Panda dude's right
    cool I am glad

in the future, I would hope that there is a stickied thread in bold letters that points out that you have to display skill against the opponent you're engaging in battle with
    Sparring is not battle , not war , not even close to the real thing until you are going all out and full speed .

beacause bullshido is not some daycare that rewards mediocrity, as well as the stuff that Kat mentioned on post #70 and any other umm......stuff
    I would think it would be a given and honestly never thought it would have to be spelled out .

I hope that really strong people bother to come to future throwdowns so I can learn from them if it's not too much bother.
    I personal like to learn from people who have experience and knowledge . Strength is not something you can learn from .
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 10:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn.....completely and utterly owned....

and here I thought my post was reasonable....I should have trolled!

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 10:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn.....completely and utterly owned....

and here I thought my post was reasonable....I should have trolled!

It was the passive aggressive bullshit every couple lines and the refusal to accept things with grace and tact that made me want to respond without butterflies , kisses , and candy .
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 10:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    It was the passive aggressive bullshit every couple lines and the refusal to accept things with grace and tact that made me want to respond without butterflies , kisses , and candy .
    I was looking for a restaurant in houston, and every one either didn't have food, had a long ass waiting list, or a combination of both. I had to pay for my dad's beer and my pepsi from a restaurant I was not going to eat at.

and when I found someone from school he acted like a douchebag rather than let me sit with him and his girlfriend so me and my dad didn't have to wait as much.

But I will take notes, this is gold right here. I'm glad I produced this outcome rather than having kept acting like a douche with nice passive people.