Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/11/2006 3:42pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Actually, my current feeling is homophobia's roots lie in a contempt for women.
    While that could very well be true, studies have shown increased levels of arousal in homophobes exposed to homosexual erotica when compared to people who just don't give a **** if other men like the nob. Social science is cool. And carbon may very well secretly want the bone.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/11/2006 8:37pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    How much more specific can you get when talking about people who juice?
    Irrelevant because
    * not everybody who do weightlifting does juicing, and
    * the original questions were regarding weightlifting proper, and
    * juicing is not a consequence of weightlifting, nor weightlifting leads to juicing.

People generally juice when they are lifting weights
    Not true.
    and a lot of people juice. Also a ton of fighters juice.
    Of no consequence when it comes to weight lifting proper.

I've been lifting weights for almost 15 years, and I've never juiced up. Most of the people I've met have been gym-rats, and, excluding bodybuilders, I can count those that I know have juiced with my fingers.

But even it it were true, look back at your previous statement :
    Also on the weight training thing, I see the point about weights, but I do see a con. The con is when you get these guys who juice so much that their body can't sustain that huge muscular structure for very long.
    Your statement says that one con of weightlifting is juicing. Though juicing is a bad **** to do (because it is), it is not a con of weightlifting. It can only be a con if weightlifting leads to juicing, and it isn't.

So just in case you still don't get it, let me re-quote you:
    Also on the weight training thing, I see the point about weights, but I do see a con.
    The context of the posts were about weightlifting, and you mention that there is a con. Since the context is very clear up to that point (weightlifting), then it is clear that you are saying that the re is a con with weightlifting.

But then, you followed that sentence by saying that the con are the side-effects of juicing. There are very specific rules of interpreting a sentence in the English language, and when you apply those rules, you can only come up with one interpretation: that you claim juicing is a con of weightlifting, which can only occur if juicing is a side-effect caused by weightlifting. As illogical as that may seem, well, that's the only interpretation that can come out of your sentences when applying the rules of English composition.

I'm not sure what the hell you actually meant, but that's the only way to interpret what you wrote. And that interpretation is not an arbitrary decision. There are specific rules by which one obtains an interpretation from a sentence. That's how written language work.

You've been in bullshido for long enough to find out most members, besides having a proclivity to say ****, ****, gay, or any other colorful expletive of your choice, they use logic and proper English composition to communicate.

If you don't want people to interpret what you write in ways you didn't mean, then learn how to write effectively.
    :tard: :sniperdan
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    3/11/2006 9:01pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://stumptuous.com/cms/index.php

Here's a good site for you, Kid.

She also does Kickboxing and Kali.

Posted On:
    3/11/2006 10:11pm