resident sick ****

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 2:54am

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A) I wasn't bad mouthing Aikido

B) I think I answered B when I answered A.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 3:54am

Style: MMA Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your dojo sucks. If aikido was trained in an alive manner it would have potential, just like any other art. But from what I hear (I have no experience first hand) its a lot of bullshit. There is an aikido class on tuesdays and thursday at my Judo club after our class is done. I was never interested enough to stay and see what they do. Perhaps I should. They called it Aikidokai, I dunno if thats different?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 6:03am

Style: I know Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps. If they had resisting sparring partners and the like.
    I guess Aikido is too dangerous to resist cause your arms will break if you do.

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 6:32am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why dont you post what you wrote here. Have you asked for a refund, yet?
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 6:40am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What bugs me about this was that your instructors thought they had the right to order you to write a letter of apology for something you said on the internet. WTF?

If my instructor asked me (odds of him ordering me are buckley's and none) to apologize for something I wrote over the internet (a highly unlikely situation) I'd ask him why, in no uncertain terms. If I had taken him out of context, or misquoted him, I'd gladly make an apology and retraction.

If it was for expressing my own views and thoughts on certain issues, I'd probably tell him to **** off, in those exact words. I respect the guy, but he doesn't have my unquestioning obedience.

The mere fact that your instructors believe they have the right to order you to make apologies and retractions of your views for comments made over an internet message board, shows that they seem to have a slightly tenuous grasp on reality. You are better off out of their dojo.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 9:00am

supporting member
     Style: Tae-Ninjitsu Mu Sool

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** them @ Soul Brother Jones. they some sensitive ass funny bunnies. gettin a butt-hurt cause you aint gettin into the Feel-Good Mental Masturbation Group-think that they share.

Have fun on your journey to findin a new school/gym/club

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 10:04am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL

Basicly you are better off without them.

First thing pple should remember is that if you pay money to someone, even if its for them to teach you, they work fo YOU. They do not control your life outside of that enviorment. If they want to dissassociate form you then fine as long as they honor any contract between you two. For instance if you paid for a month to train and they kick you out they need to refund the time you had left. Make a stink about it if they don't.

I had a similar thing happen when I posted on E-Budo. I started training in Van Clief's Chinese Goju and I had some questions about it because there were things that were very differnt for the Goju Ryu I had done. I wasn't disrepectful or bashing. After a week of talking, respectfully, with other members a Chinese Goju member came on, followed, by others. When I went to go train the teacher came to me before class and said, "We know you been posting on the internet." I just said, "Yep. I do it often." and thought nothing of it until after class. Then they wanted to have a "talk" with me. Before they got into the talk I stated, "Before we go on lets establish this. I pay you to train here. That is your ONLY sphere of influence on my life." Now the head instructor was in the military as well and outranked me but I sitll made it clear I'm a grown man and a individual regardless of my hobbies. The talked then was simply if I had any questions that I could come to them. I kept posting and had no other issues after that.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 11:05am

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    Wow that pisses me off. Asshats like that (the fat guy in the picture) are responsible for making Aikido suck so much.
    Agreed 100%. With all the frauds out there trying to teach aikido, it's no wonder the style is going the way of modern Wushu. :deadhorse :XXhippylo

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 11:09am

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shard
    Perhaps. If they had resisting sparring partners and the like.
    I guess Aikido is too dangerous to resist cause your arms will break if you do.
    That's strait up BS. Any dojo that tells you that is selling garbage. Ukemi is supposed to be like the tap. You take it when you acknowledge that your balance is broken to the point where it would be dangerous not to. Unfortuantely, too many girly men who are afraid of pain are really softening the style. We never "throw ourselves" at my dojo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 11:38am

Style: Taijiquan - Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's plenty of Judo in the DFW area.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast