Administrator

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 3:07pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by milwaukeecop2
    how about say, a karate instructors student asks, "sensei, can you show us some groundfighting" and sensei replies " im not qualified, but we could go to seminars and review training tapes if there is enough club intrest." would they be crappling?
    Not crappling.

The r34l Drunken Jiu Jitsu

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 3:44pm

supporting member
     Style: _razilian _iu _itsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    Quote Originally Posted by milwaukeecop2
    how about say, a karate instructors student asks, "sensei, can you show us some groundfighting" and sensei replies " im not qualified, but we could go to seminars and review training tapes if there is enough club intrest." would they be crappling?
    Not crappling.
    Wouldn't that just be humble crappling?

Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    I think there needs to be a quality factor in the equation. crap grappling is obviously crappling, but if it ain't crap, even if it fits other indicators.....????
    agreed.
    :google:

Number of bottles of beer downed by me and my girlfriend within a half hour while playing the Channel 7 "how many times will they say 'snow' game" during the "Blizzard of '06": 3.5 each.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 4:20pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkpaladin
    Wouldn't that just be humble crappling?

agreed.

No not crappling, crappling is to be designated as a crap instructor teaching grappling, not an instructor and his students trying to learn how to grapple correctly. Small differance which is why I put up this thread.

The r34l Drunken Jiu Jitsu

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 4:49pm

supporting member
     Style: _razilian _iu _itsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No not crappling, crappling is to be designated as a crap instructor teaching grappling, not an instructor and his students trying to learn how to grapple correctly. Small differance which is why I put up this thread.
    Gotcha.
    :google:

Number of bottles of beer downed by me and my girlfriend within a half hour while playing the Channel 7 "how many times will they say 'snow' game" during the "Blizzard of '06": 3.5 each.

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 6:28pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What if, like Chuck Norris on "Walker Texas Ranger" gets bored with spinning hook kicking the **** out of everyone and says,
    "even though I'm Chuck and my tears cure cancer, I'll go and learn how to armbar gorillas." then takes privates from Royler and the Machados in between 6 hour sessions on the Total Gym, after that all the stuntmen on Walker start rolling on their lunch breaks, before the show goes into syndication Chuck get his BJJ black belt. Then someone asks Carlos Machado if he's a legitimate black belt and Carlos says "he's fucking Chuck Norris - he can wear any belt he wants". Then Chuck points his finger and women cry, MMA fighters cower in fear, and the boogeyman checks his closet once more for Chuck Norris.

Is that crappling?

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 7:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are we overthinking this? I thought crappling was just sub-par (i.e. crappy) grappling. That would, of course, include all the scheisters out there, but would also include people like me.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 8:39pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt W.
    Are we overthinking this? I thought crappling was just sub-par (i.e. crappy) grappling. That would, of course, include all the scheisters out there, but would also include people like me.
    No we're not, I don't want this site to become an overcritical catch 22, mob squad. We're telling everybody they should do grappoling but then we criticize them when they attempt to do so. It's when they claim to actually teach beginning crap as authenic grappling program is BS.

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 9:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chingythingy
    What if, like Chuck Norris on "Walker Texas Ranger" gets bored with spinning hook kicking the **** out of everyone and says,
    "even though I'm Chuck and my tears cure cancer, I'll go and learn how to armbar gorillas." then takes privates from Royler and the Machados in between 6 hour sessions on the Total Gym, after that all the stuntmen on Walker start rolling on their lunch breaks, before the show goes into syndication Chuck get his BJJ black belt. Then someone asks Carlos Machado if he's a legitimate black belt and Carlos says "he's fucking Chuck Norris - he can wear any belt he wants". Then Chuck points his finger and women cry, MMA fighters cower in fear, and the boogeyman checks his closet once more for Chuck Norris.

Is that crappling?
    WTF are you trying to say?

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 5:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by punchingdummy
    WTF are you trying to say?
    Umm.... Being funny and supporting the Chuck legend.

Maybe you need to adjust your tampon?

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 5:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No we're not, I don't want this site to become an overcritical catch 22, mob squad. We're telling everybody they should do grappoling but then we criticize them when they attempt to do so. It's when they claim to actually teach beginning crap as authenic grappling program is BS.
    That's actually a good point. That is, unless they are _ing _unners. Then of course it's business as usual.
    :qright5:
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast