Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 3:02pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pw0ned
    I've got to be NOT trolling because I was referring to TMA.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 3:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JJ is pretty traditional .

They have belts and old school asswhoopings and dojo storming and excellent quality control ( I am speaking of Sport JJ , BJJ , and JJJ that compete) .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 3:04pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right and some TMAs don't have dan rankings.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 3:11pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I answered that already. Try reading, mr. "professional fighter"... lol
    Yeah laugh all you want internet toughman, ready to say it to my face?

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 3:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are reading this Pw0ned, re-read kagekaze's post. Thanks.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 3:25pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He does go to a pretty gym though.....damn.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 3:33pm

Style: HKD, TKD, Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's pretty sad actually. The ATA website says the minimum requirement to open your own school is 1st dan. AT LEAST one should be 4th dan before even THINKING ABOUT opening his own dojang.
    You are getting teaching skils, fighting skills, and politics mixed together. They do not usually mesh. I've known a lot of instructors and owners that were well skilled and talented that didn't have all the stripes on thier belt that you seem to require. I have also known 4th dan and up that couldn't either fight or teach to save thier lives.

So, perhaps you should rethink your premise.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 3:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    He does go to a pretty gym though.....damn.
    It's a cultish Mcdojo actually ...

http://www.imsports.net/index.php?mo...&op=read&id=11

you get redirected to the main page but if you look at their student hand book you will see what I am saying ...

13. No public bantering of IM SPORTSÓ with other Applicants, staff or volunteers is allowed. Applicant agrees that he/she will not, either during or after his/her membership at the IM Sports, approach or contact any student of IM Sports or the parent of any student, for the purpose of discussing any of the following: shortcomings he/she feels IM Sports possesses; the positive qualities of another school or organization; to advise students or parent that he/she feels is, or will be, with another school or teaching at another place; or to encourage that student to join another martial arts organization or study under another instructor. In keeping with martial arts tradition, Applicant also agrees not to train with another martial arts instructor without prior permission from the IM Sports Master Instructor.

14. Applicant and staff agree that he/she will not, either during or after his/her term at IM Sports teach the martial arts learned or taught at IM Sports or advise or consult another martial arts school which operates within at least thirty (30) miles of any school run by, holding licensed programs and/or hosting certified Curriculum Coaches, Instructors or Trainers from IM Sports.

Is this a Gym or a school/daycare center ... a fucking doctors note ?

We understand that some Applicants may take a vacation or be sick for a time and not be able to attend all scheduled classes. Classes missed for a time less than one month can be made up within a 30 day cycle of the classes missed. One month or more can also be made up with permission or held by freezing your Membership. If you need to “freeze” your payment status, you must first fill out the freeze form for authorization with minimum 14 day written notice to freeze your account with designated time frame, an explanation, the $30 processing fee and authorization to debit your account again on the specific obligated date by the existing method of payment. You may freeze your account for a one-month minimum and two consecutive month maximum for the $30 fee. This does not change your obligated number of months of Membership. The request for a medical freeze must be accompanied by a doctor’s note and be received at the beginning of the disability. All freeze requests are subject to management’s approval. Therefore, all payments must be maintained as consecutively per month according to Applicant’s payment schedule agreement. This agreement will not be frozen/extended for missed classes unless Applicant notifies IM SPORTSÓ, in writing, in advance for any vacation time and during illness or medical concern immediately. For college students’ freeze, any questions or special circumstances please see the Membership manager.
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 3/04/2006 3:39pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 3:46pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The bottom part is standard Mcdojo. Hell even some good gym have to do this because, you will get people disappearing and reappearing for training. The top is cultish BS I'm speaking from experience. This worded very similar to a contract I signed for teaching. Minus the part of contacting students.

The gym still is pretty.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 4:17pm

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "13. No public bantering of IM SPORTSÓ with other Applicants, staff or volunteers is allowed. Applicant agrees that he/she will not, either during or after his/her membership at the IM Sports, approach or contact any student of IM Sports or the parent of any student, for the purpose of discussing any of the following: shortcomings he/she feels IM Sports possesses; the positive qualities of another school or organization; to advise students or parent that he/she feels is, or will be, with another school or teaching at another place; or to encourage that student to join another martial arts organization or study under another instructor. In keeping with martial arts tradition, Applicant also agrees not to train with another martial arts instructor without prior permission from the IM Sports Master Instructor."

What exactly does the first sentence mean? Does that mean that you can't talk about the gym with other people who go to/work at the gym? Don't forget the first rule of Fight Club...

Are these rules actually enforced or is it just lip-service?

"14. Applicant and staff agree that he/she will not, either during or after his/her term at IM Sports teach the martial arts learned or taught at IM Sports or advise or consult another martial arts school which operates within at least thirty (30) miles of any school run by, holding licensed programs and/or hosting certified Curriculum Coaches, Instructors or Trainers from IM Sports."

I've seen the same sort of thing at other martial arts schools. But the distance is usually less and there is a time expiration (after a certain number of years, the above no longer applies, etc).
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123