Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 1:24am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Multiple opponents and gun and knife disarms

Hello, this is my first post, I have been training MMA (MT, BJJ, Wrestling)for about a year and half now, and recently found this forum and I think its great.

My question is how much of gun and knife disarms and fighting and multiple opponent fighting is bullshido.

I ask this because even with a year and half of mma training while I still own the noobs, its not like I do it in 10 seconds or anything, I still have to work to do it and maybee tap them in like minute or so if I am quick. I just dont see how anyone could defeat two very strong and determined opponents

Even if you look at UFC 1, it still took Royce generally at least 1 min to dispatch his opponents, and he dominated everybody, and was a jui-jitsu black belt at the time. That is way to long with two guys trying to beat the crap out you.

The gun and knife disarms I am also skeptical of, as they are both exteremly deadly weapons.

I feel that the best advice for multiple opponents, guns and knives is to arm yourself or run.

What are you guys/gals thoughts on guns, knife, and multiple opponent training?

Reason I ask is that my school focuses on mma competitions, not specifically "self defense", but I feel that the are essentially the same thing, with a few exceptions. But we dont train guns, knives, or multiple opponents, am I missing something because of this? I personally dont feel I am but hey, you never know.
    Last edited by Niceguy; 3/01/2006 1:33am at .

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 1:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If someone points a gun at you, your fucked.

If someone is trying to use a knife on you, 9 out of 10 times your fucked.

It is very,very difficult to take a wepon away from someone. Most Ju-Jutsu defenses against the knife are highly questionable. But then again it all depends on the individual dojo and how they train.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 1:31am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal
    If someone points a gun at you, your fucked.

If someone is trying to use a knife on you, 9 out of 10 times your fucked.

It is very,very difficult to take a wepon away from someone. Most Ju-Jutsu defenses against the knife are highly questionable. But then again it all depends on the individual dojo and how they train.
    What a useful answer you've provided here. The analysis is truly exquisite.

Beautiful, just beautiful.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 2:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay smart-ass what was wrong with what I said.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 2:27am

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal
    Okay smart-ass what was wrong with what I said.
    You forgot to mention that if he has a gun in one hand and a dildo in the other then you're fucked either way.

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 2:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think handing them your wallet and car keys is the best knife/gun defence. The disarms should be learnt (and trained in an alive manner) but considerd a last ditch tactic.

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 2:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gun and Knife disarms only work on totally untrained dumbasses.

Said dumbasses would be trying to intimidate you with these weapons, because they are wimps.

Feel free to break their arms dude.

A trained Gun/Knife user, would just shoot/stab you. No time for flashy techniques.
    Last edited by Neildo; 3/01/2006 2:40am at .
    :new_all_c

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 2:45am

Style: Sheng Hun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of the differences between the knife and gun situations is that anything goes. If you're armed, your chances are better. Something you don't get in sparring is the fact that groin shots, eye gouges, small joint manipulation, and pressure points are allowed - but not reccomended.

I train in knife disarms and techniques against knife attacks, but i'd perfer to run if I had the choice; common sense. If a guy with a gun comes up, then you should probably consider running. If two guys with guns are there, you should definately fucking bolt.

My buddy was in the military and learned a gun defense technique that'd been used in real life situations a multitude of times correctly. That goes to show you that nothing's impossible.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 3:30am

Style: Short fat wimp style MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Niceguy
    I ask this because even with a year and half of mma training while I still own the noobs, its not like I do it in 10 seconds or anything, I still have to work to do it and maybee tap them in like minute or so if I am quick. I just dont see how anyone could defeat two very strong and determined opponents
    Yeah man you got it, you answered your own question. There isn't any magic martial arts technique that allows you to dispose of even a single opponent let alone several. I don't think it needs to be delved into that being able to handle one attacker would have to be the first and most important step in this situation though.

And yeah anyone who tries to sell you knife or gun disarming bullshit is grossly irresponsible.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 3:40am

Style: Sheng Hun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurt
    Yeah man you got it, you answered your own question. There isn't any magic martial arts technique that allows you to dispose of even a single opponent let alone several. I don't think it needs to be delved into that being able to handle one attacker would have to be the first and most important step in this situation though.

And yeah anyone who tries to sell you knife or gun disarming bullshit is grossly irresponsible.
    I know people that have made it out of a knife attack alive because of unarmed military training specifically for a situation like that, please refrain from saying that the person who taught them such a technique is irresponsible.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast