Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nunchaku

13 19.40%
  • Tactical Torch

11 16.42%
  • Kung fu bench

4 5.97%
  • bladed Coat rack (3-dragon trident from Choy Li Fut)

5 7.46%
  • Kobutan (keyring accessory)

1 1.49%
  • Caltrops (for dropping in enemy's path, ninja styleee)

4 5.97%
  • Chopsticks

9 13.43%
  • Batleth (of Klingon fame)

8 11.94%
  • Other (please state)

12 17.91%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 11:34am

Style: I know Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who asked you to spin the 3SS like a dickwad?
    Like all weapons, you need to know when to use them. Like is tatical torch in the bright daylight will be shitter than a nunchuck.
    A 3SS requires alot of open space to use properly. Its basically a weapon with the flexbility of double short-staffs and the defense capability of a long staff.
    Heck even if you didn't know how to use it you could still probably swing it around to smack a few guys at long range.
    I bet you got hit in the face when you tried to pull it back in.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 4:11pm

Style: nothing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Come on- worst comes to worst, all shitty sectioned weapons can be folded up into a glorified club.

But chopsticks? What the hell can you do with chopsticks? My god, I'd rather attack someone with a porcelin cup than with a pair of chopsticks.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 4:18pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had to go with Batleth. It's the number one choice of Sci-fi MA Larpers! How can you not vote for it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 4:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shard
    Who asked you to spin the 3SS like a dickwad?
    Like all weapons, you need to know when to use them. Like is tatical torch in the bright daylight will be shitter than a nunchuck.
    A 3SS requires alot of open space to use properly. Its basically a weapon with the flexbility of double short-staffs and the defense capability of a long staff.
    Heck even if you didn't know how to use it you could still probably swing it around to smack a few guys at long range.
    I bet you got hit in the face when you tried to pull it back in.
    It's basically a piece of usless piece of **** that takes a million years to use properly and can get owned by a sword that took 6 months to use properly.

Sectioned weapons make sense if you're a kung fu master in china, making your living teaching people how to duel, and obscure weapons give you a minor advantage. They don't make sense in any other situations.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 5:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanArmory
    Come on- worst comes to worst, all shitty sectioned weapons can be folded up into a glorified club.

But chopsticks? What the hell can you do with chopsticks? My god, I'd rather attack someone with a porcelin cup than with a pair of chopsticks.
    You have never pissed off a mean spirited redneck lady working as a waitress at a cheap chinese buffet ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 5:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am very happy to say I have not...

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 5:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanArmory
    I am very happy to say I have not...
    Chop sticks are pokey ... you can laugh but I would rather have anything on the list but a 3SS when I am reaching for a weapon when it counts .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 5:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I voted Tactical Torch, because it reminded me of that episode of the Andy Griffith show where Barney tried to torture a suspect by shining light in his eyes (Oh, Barney!), which in turn reminded me of Don Knotts' passing, which in turn lead to me spiraling into a deep depression as I realized that death's cruel sycthe now hangs poised to strike over Dick van Dyke, and soon us and everyone we hold dear.

Tactical torch. For killing all our beloved classic TV icons.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 5:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A bench, chopsticks, torch/flashlight, even a fan are all weapons of opportunity; you use what you have at the time. The fact that whole arts have been developed around them is surely silly, but when I'm attacked by surprise next time I'm at the noodle house, jabbing my chopsticks into the eye of my attacker might be an option. I may be wrong, but I don't think even the people that teach these kind of arts would advocate going onto the battlefield with a bench, fan or pair of chopsticks. I've hit a heavy bag with chucks and I think I could control them, and they make a concealable weapon of greater range and impact power than a stick of the same length (plus the entangle ability if you buy that stuff). The Batleth is surely stupid, but at least it's one solid piece and it's sharp; you could do some damage with it.
    None of these would be my first, or second or even thirtieth choice of weapon to bring to a fight, but at least you could use all of them in the way they were intended or they are common enough to be an impromptu weapon (fans were very common back in the day).
    But the 3SS simply has no purpose other than gimmick. It's not concealable, it's not readily available as a common object (you have to WANT to carry one of these things) and it takes too long to gain proficiency and I think it is generally inferior to sword and spear for it to be a battlefield weapon. Being that no video had ever been produced of anyone using one of these things in a realistic (i.e. not a pre-arranged routine) manner, I don't think it CAN be used in an effective way against anyone but the greenest of LARPing ninjer wannabes.

edited to fix typo
    Last edited by hapkido_keith; 3/05/2006 6:06pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 6:06pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i have a video on my computer of a full contact nunchuck fight where they wear helmets and body protection. doesn't look too bad in my opinion... if one of those chaps got into a fight with someone else who was unarmed i think they would do pretty well with their little chuckies.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast